Turn down the sound on Videos played in Videopad.

DH888

Can someone please tell me how to turn down the sound on Videos played in Videopad.

When everything else on my computer is playing things at a normal sound level and I play something in VideoPad the sound is just blaring. It's a shock to the system because I'm really not expecting it and I'm scrambling trying to turn the damn sound down before I go deaf. Why is it like this???????

I've looked everywhere in the App and even tried to find the answer with Google but I just can't find out how to change this. I don't know how the aren't scores of people asking this question out there. Have I got something set up wrong somehow?

Thanks

Hi

Also...If it's just VP that seems to play loudly, you could try clicking the Loudspeaker icon on the taskbar (bottom right hand end in Vista) and lower the volume of the slider there. This adjusts the volume of the active program (VP) but leaves other main applications (Window sounds etc) as they were.

Nat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I can't understand why this app is SOOOO loud. No other application I use or have EVER used starts AT FULL VOLUME EVERY SINGLE TIME. I was thinking about your suggestion Borate. Wouldn't that effect the sound volume in the video itself when you save it. That's not what I want to do because as I said no other application I use would start at full volume like VideoPad. I use BSPlayer first and VLC if there's an issue with a particular video and neither of them would play the exact same video at full volume like that so there's a pretty good likelihood if I adjusted the volume in VP to be reasonable the sound would then be MUCH too quiet in BSP or VLC.

I've been adjusting the volume from the system tray like you suggested Nat and it works well. The only problem is I have to adjust it for EVERY video I edit in VP. Is there a way I can get the volume in VP to ALWAYS be decreased by 90% or so. Sometimes I'm not thinking of it and I hit preview or play in VP and it BLASTS ME. Not fun. And it's EVERY video I edit.

And it's SOOOO loud that I'm adjusting the volume in the Volume Mixer to JUST above totally off and THEN the sound is reasonable. And perfectly clear and audible. I can't help thinking I MUST have something set up wrong in VP or there would be hundreds of people on this site pleading with people to help them with this VERY startling issue. Of course I've got a headset on so it probably sounds louder to me than someone who's just listening through their PC speakers or monitor speakers.

I do like VP a lot it has great ability to edit video but this is such a pain.