make video of just a portion of file?/Change directory -

bty

I would like to make a video of just a portion of a file, not the whole thing, but I don't see how you do this; I see a bookmark function, but don't know how you'd get it to make a video of let's say just the first half or quarter of your file instead of the whole thing? Can you?

Also - I don't see a way to change the home directory; so if you move a file to another computer, it seems you have to replace every item individually, instead of telling the program to just look in a new directory - is there a way to do that? If not, it would be a great addition to the program - thanks for any help.

I would like to make a video of just a portion of a file, not the whole thing, but I don't see how you do this; I see a bookmark function, but don't know how you'd get it to make a video of let's say just the first half or quarter of your file instead of the whole thing? Can you?

Also - I don't see a way to change the home directory; so if you move a file to another computer, it seems you have to replace every item individually, instead of telling the program to just look in a new directory - is there a way to do that? If not, it would be a great addition to the program - thanks for any help.

To change the directory or save the files you used on the project there is a feature or option that you can use its on "File" and choose where it says "Backup project files to folder" By doing that you will be able to save the Project Files to use it.

If you need to cut the video file or make it shorter you need to move the pointer till you get this symbol. "[ ]" with that you can click and hold to change the vide length and choose which part specifically you want to keep also if you now where exactly you want to divide the clip you can click on the part and you will see a red line. once you see it you can right click and choose where it says "Split track"

If you need more specific information or advance troubleshooting please send a support ticket at http://www.nch.com.au/support/index.html

Tsam, are you perhaps referring to VideoPad or one of the other NCH Software programs? Neither of those features (backup project files nor split track) appears to be present in Express Animate.

bty, I don't think you can directly choose a portion in Express Animate - you would have to either edit your project output afterwards in a video editor (which I think Tsam is talking about) or make a copy of your project, delete any earlier or later keyframes than the portion you want, change the duration of your project and, if necessary, move your keyframes into position to suit the new reduced duration.

If you only want the first part, you might be able to simply change the project duration.

Another option would be to render to an image sequence, delete those images you don't want, then convert those frame images into a movie (possibly re-adding any sound) in a video editor.

If your project makes use of separate compositions (like scenes) for each portion (with or without including compositions into one main composition), you can select and render only the appropriate composition.

Until NCH adds a feature to reset directories, if you keep a similar directory structure on the two computers, you should be OK - e.g. keep your project and items in C:\myprojects\thisproject or in C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Express Animate Projects\thisproject (where the USERNAME is the same on both computers).