Export Audio Fade

dpharris0416

I'm a new user of VideoPad and recently finished my first project. While in video pad audio and video match up perfectly and do exactly what I want. Even when run in preview it works correctly. However, whenever I export to a file, the audio always fades out approximately 20 seconds early. The video and audio match up perfectly until this point. Even at this point there is no desynch; the audio just chooses to fade out. I have tried exporting as several formats including mpg, mp4, and flv. I have also attempted playing the video in multiple video players; so I have concluded it has to do with the export process. Is there a hidden setting in VideoPad that automatically sets an audio fade out at the end of the video? I am aware of the "fade out audio for 500ms at the end of sequences" setting but that wouldn't account for 20 seconds. Not to mention I have already attempted to turn that setting off. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

[update] So after replaying the part in VideoPad over and over again, I found if I start the video at least a few seconds before the unplanned fade out, the audio does in fact fade out in VideoPad preview. However, If I start the preview at the fade out or later, the audio is fine. After discovering this I did some more experimenting, removing and replacing the clip and adjusting fade settings. What I ended up finding is the video and audio work fine as long as I don't have the audio clip both fading in and fading out. If it is only set to fade out, it will run appropriately. If I have it fade in, it will also run appropriately. However if I have the clip both fade in and fade out, the video fades out 20 seconds early. Knowing this, I am able to work around it; however, this may be an interesting bug with the software. I'm curious if anyone else has run into similar problems.

Sorry for the long original post and equally long update. Thanks for reading!

• 1 month later...

I've got exactly the same problem. Even though early fading out doesnt happen on all videos i've put in my project. Only a few.

And if i stop the video during this silence" and start again, audio is fine.

manually changing the fading in and outs doesn't make a difference..

These fading-outs are also being exported into the finished video, making is unwatchable!

Unchecking the 500ms-option didnt help.

anyone got a solution?

The videos i'm using are in mov-format!

Hi

Just found something similar but not connected with export....

5244c2c7d5f1b5114e6eda57f0cc6227.jpg

The short sound clip highlighted (56 seconds) has a 1 second fade-in and a 1second fade-out. It has not been speed changed..(There is a known bug regarding sound fades on clips where the speed has been altered...but this may be connected to that.)

When the timeline is played from before this clip (e.g. the displayed cursor line position) it starts and fades-in OK but then fades out after 16 seconds!

If played from a point WITHIN the fade -in, the clip fadeout starts at the same place.

One the clip has faded-out stopping starting from the same place restores the sound and then it plays OK to the end.

This actual clip is a section of a longer track that has been split in several places to produce several shorter clips which also have fade-ins and fades-outs. As outlined in a later post inadvertent splits were made to both tracks due to the second split button covering the Play button. So its a bit of a mess at the moment. Still, this shouldn't happen.

If I just have Fade-in it plays OK

If I just have a Fade-out it plays OK

If there is Fade-in AND a Fade-out it fails to play to the end.

So it seems to be connected with the Fade effect.

Nat

Hi Borate

Thanks for confirming that.

I am currently editing a mix of a piano accompaniment with an orchestral accompanient for a violin piece. Without a fade in/out for the orchestral sections its virtually impossible to get a smooth sound transition from piano to orchestra.

Another thing I noticed was that if I took a section of orchestra clip that muted as explained above, when fade-in AND fade-out were added to it and then split it; separating the two halves. The first section played OK with fade-in but the second section with fade out was muted still, even though on the timeline it was now two clips!

Definitely a bug.

Nat

Got it! Thanks Borate for the sample project.

It seems to caused by splitting a clip with fade in/out already set.

Perhaps. But on the demo sent to you I removed all fades, selected the middle clip and applied fades once again - and the result was the same.