Mosaic video effect

Ivan187

The title speaks for itself, really. I'd like to be able to show repeats of an image while applying movements to it; this could be useful for a scrolling background, preventing it from reaching the void. You should also be able to apply mirrors from an image tile to another.

Hi Ivan,

I'm not quite sure what you wanted. Do you mean when the frame movies, the portion that moved outside of the edge will be wrapped to the other side like a loop?

Yeah. Exactly like that.

Hi

You mean something like this?......

Nat

I said in the original post about repeats of an image, didn't I?

Hi

"I said in the original post about repeats of an image, didn't I?"

Your subject line as you said yourself, "Speaks for itself".... MOSAIC VIDEO EFFECT :mellow:

Mosaics ARE repeats of an image or images and the Youtube link I posted showed a demo of several complex mosaic effects. You were not particularly clear on what you required and even c-major had to ask for clarification.

We can now see that this is a wrap around scrolling effect and, yes I think it would be a useful addition to the range of effects provided by VP..

Nat

Hi

O.K. For a scrolling wrap around effect: (In this example using 1 clip/image)

Open VP and load your clip to the timeline (Video Track1) and also the overlay track (Video track 2). Set them one above the other.

Click the FX box for the Overlay clip and select POSITION.

Set the effects cursor to the start of the clip and enter the Horizontal and Vertical start values as 0.00 and 0.00. Click the wiggly line buttons and set the keyframes.

Slide the cursor to the right for the end of the clip and enter the values:-

Horizontal 100 and Vertical 0.00.

Set the keyframes and close the effects pane.

Allow VP to generate the frames.

If you preview this overlay track clip you will see the frame move off to the right revealing VideoTrack 1 below.

Now click the FX box for Video track1 and select POSITION.

Set the effects cursor to the start of the clip and enter the Horizontal and Vertical start values as -100 and 0.00. Click the wiggly line buttons and set the keyframes.

Slide the cursor to the right for the end of the clip and enter the values:-

Horizontal 0.00 and vertical 0.00

Set the keyframes

Allow VP to generate the frames.

If you now preview the sequence you will see the frame scroll off to the right immediately followed by itself. The sequence will finish with the clip once again central.

Export the sequence.

You can now reload the new clip that you exported and place it on the timeline repeatedly to produce a continuous scrolling effect.

You could also create a Sequence and use this repeatedly but VP will take some time to process this.

Nat

Wow, that long process worked perfectly. What I was originally requesting is an easier and faster way to pull this off.

I don't like having to export videos in order to obtain video effects, especially with this still-ongoing extra frame issue in the rendered video.

HI

Yes, it is a bit phaffy. :-) but exporting a wrapped around clip so it can be used repeatedly or creating a wrapped around sequence is the only possibility as it stands at the moment.

You could send the idea in as a suggestion for a possible new effect but the only problem that I can see is that the VP effects only work on single clips** and the wrap around described above is essentially two (or more) clips but I'm sure it could be implemented. The selected clip would end up being twice as long of course.

** I'm not talking here about grouped clips, as in this situation the chosen effect is applied to each of the selected clips individually and not the group as a whole. Applying an effect to the group would mean either exporting it first or creating a sequence of it first.

Nat