Installation kills -all- audio drivers.

Tassyr

So immediately after installing this program and restarting (windows 7) I get this error.

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

And all audio programs -stop- working. Microphone, speaker, everything. I update them manually and no dice. I literally have had to roll back to a previous restore point twice just to get them back to functioning.

Does anyone know a way to make this program work? I might've been interested in BUYING it at one point, but considering it currently bricks my computer's audio set up, I'm wary as hell.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi all

It turns out there was a bug in the code signing process which affected a small number of users. This issue has been resolved now.

Regards,

Ben

Hi all

It turns out there was a bug in the code signing process which affected a small number of users. This issue has been resolved now.

Regards,

Ben

is there a new version or its already fixed

• 3 months later...

Are you using the latest version of the program? if so, you may want to contact NCH Software support team for further details on this regard, or after installing Voxal on your computer you may want to reinstall the Audio driver on the computer, and to do that you may go to the device manager, click on the audio, video and game controller and then right click on the audio controller and uninstall it, restart the computer and let Windows reinstall the audio driver.

Also same for me

newest Version but the program kills all of my Audio drivers (in my case its Realtech Audio HD)

reinstalling the driver didnt work for me

only after i deleted voxal they worked again

• 2 weeks later...

Just experienced this as well. All audio drivers are dead, and I have no workable restore points. Thank you very much for taking me from excited to have finally found a decent voice changer solution for VOIP-related antics to being unable to use VOIP and to ruining my ability to adequately use a large amount of other software on my PC.

• 1 month later...

Over a year since this original thread was created, I also experienced this same problem. I installed on Saturday 8/6/17 and spent Sunday swearing at my computer trying to  figure out how to get the audio device to work. Then I uninstalled my RealTek ethernet driver by mistake ( I wanted to uninstall the RealTek audio driver) and lost internet access... it was a complete cluster-nut-job until I de-installed Voxal. I wasted about 5 hours and still could not try the software....please take a serious look and try to figure this out, I have read the software does a good job.  Thanks!

A quick note on this topic to anyone experiencing this issue. All NCH drivers are signed for use on all windows platforms. If you are getting an error message from Windows saying that the drivers are not signed then the most likely situation is that you are running Windows without automatic updates turned on. Microsoft some time ago changed some of their certificate signing requirements. In order for your computer to be compatible with these changes you need to make sure that it is fully patched.

Please note that if you are using a non-registered copy of Windows, then automatic updates will not be available to you and you will need to manually patch the updates.

• 1 year later...
On 7/28/2016 at 4:43 PM, nchBen said:

Hi Tassyr,

Can I just check that you downloaded Voxal from the official NCH website? All our drivers are signed correctly and should not cause Windows to generate this error.

Regards,

Ben

Well it is 190622 and the same thing has just happened to me. Totally bricked my sound system. After trying everything I know to repair the situation, it all fixed as soon as I uninstalled Soundtap "Stream" recorder. A systematic destruction of computer audio capability has been under way since "internet download streaming" has appeared, seduced consumers away from traditional music formats such as CD and vinyl records, and is destined to ruin the music industry. It was straight forward with another program to record from my music keyboard. Now it is all a mess. Congratulation you software developers for ruining computer use since windows 7, the last sane OS. It amazes me how with all the upgrades and updates, almost nothing is any better than long ago.

• 5 months later...

Hallo Guys,

your

in :Windows\System3\drivers\voxaldriverx64.sys

is killing my hole Windows Audio System. I unistalled all nch.software and the voxaldriverx64.sys still exist.

If I delete it manually from the Main tree my Windows7(64) System chrashes. No Mouse works & no sound system works.

how can I delete the voxaldriversx64.sys in a way that my system will run normaly?

Please send me an answer to my Mail adress

Thanks for help and any answering.

greatings

Sascha