tips on basic operation needed...

ack

I have a registered version of VideoPad Professioal 4.4.8

I am having trouble figuring out how to create a second video track so that I can set up a split screen effect on the timeline.

Is there a comprehensive document or manual online for VideoPad? Unfortunately, I am getting nowhere with Help or rummaging through the menus...

Sorry...

-Ack

Hi

The overlay track, (Video track 2) is just above the main Video track (Video Track 1) This is not visible when you open VP for the first time.

However as soon as you place a clip or image onto Video Track 1, the Overlay track area becomes visible with the words "Drag and drop your Video, text and image clips here to overlay"

You can now place (drag and drop) another clip or image (even the same one as already used) onto this track. It will open up, display the thumbnails and become labelled Video Track 2. Any associated sound track will appear below Audio track 1 and be labelled Audio Track 2.

You can expand the overlay track so the thumbnails are larger by clicking the + at the extreme left end of the track.

Once a clip/image is on Video track 2 the prompt to add further tracks will appear and you can continue to add overlays in the same manner.

Clips or images on the Overlay tracks can be moved right or left and being an overlay will obscure any clips directly below them.

The Audio tracks will just mix.

Clicking the ? on the top toolbar will open up the Help page for VP.....

http://help.nchsoftw...agestats=fx34(2)&usechoice=txcl(95)&days=667&runs=763

Nat