Why do I export a blank video from my project?

jov

I have a sequence of two video tracks and one audio track. The major part of the sequence is marked dark as if selected and I can't deselect it. And when I export it, all I get is a blank/white video with the complete sound track. What is the problem?

Hi

Selected clips usually turn blue between the thumbnails not dark overall. Unselected portion go dark when IN/OUT points are selected but only in the clip preview screen.

Have you possibly got a video track clicked for "Hide track on output" ? It's the eye icon at the left end of the track. That makes it go a darker shade than selected.

However, if you do this it will normally output as a black video, not a white video. So it's probably something else. What version VP are you using and are we referring to Sequence (as in a collection of clips saved as a sequence) or the timeline with Track1 Track 2 and an audio track?

Nat

Another idea, if there are selected (shaded) areas on the time line.

In the media area (top-left) click your mouse on the sequence tab, then on the sequence itself. The sequence will appear in the preview window.

Now drag the red START [ and blue END ] markers all the way to the left and right, respectively. This should remove the shaded areas on the time line.

Export.

Hi

Selected clips usually turn blue between the thumbnails not dark overall. Unselected portion go dark when IN/OUT points are selected but only in the clip preview screen.

Have you possibly got a video track clicked for "Hide track on output" ? It's the eye icon at the left end of the track. That makes it go a darker shade than selected.

However, if you do this it will normally output as a black video, not a white video. So it's probably something else. What version VP are you using and are we referring to Sequence (as in a collection of clips saved as a sequence) or the timeline with Track1 Track 2 and an audio track?

Nat

Thanks! Referring to timeline. How can I post a snapshot of the screen to explain what I mean? Hide track on output is off.

Upload the image to Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, Pictr.com, etc., make the link public (if necessary) and include it in your next post.

Did you apply the procedure suggested in my earlier post?

I applied your suggestion and it worked. So, it was so simple! Thanks a lot. No more need to post a snapshot.