Still having undesired frames from multi track editing and lesser frame rate issues in export

BitFaced

A big problem I seem to keep having with VideoPad is that frames of video clips covered in layered multi video track editing come out visible in the export. This happens to only some video clips. Yes I've cleared unused cache files and it still happens.

Another problem I've had which I'm not sure is fixed now is videos appearing later than they should as dictated in editing when they have nothing but space preceding them on the timeline. I put a blank text image before them to avert this and have stuck with it, so I'm not sure if it's been fixed by now.

And thirdly, I often see certain clips being lower than expected frame rate than other clips, assuming this isn't merely a fault of the computer I'm using; a HP laptop that isn't a very powerful computer.

tumblr_oa5yxpg6uL1sncrlyo1_1280.png

Is the project you showing here contains all the problems? Is it possible to share the files?

A big problem I seem to keep having with VideoPad is that frames of video clips covered in layered multi video track editing come out visible in the export. This happens to only some video clips. Yes I've cleared unused cache files and it still happens.

Do you mean there is no gaps you can see in the timeline but they appear after export?

Another problem I've had which I'm not sure is fixed now is videos appearing later than they should as dictated in editing when they have nothing but space preceding them on the timeline. I put a blank text image before them to avert this and have stuck with it, so I'm not sure if it's been fixed by now.

It looks like the text clips created gaps?

And thirdly, I often see certain clips being lower than expected frame rate than other clips, assuming this isn't merely a fault of the computer I'm using; a HP laptop that isn't a very powerful computer.

Do you mean when playback on preview?

Yes, the project shown has the problems mentioned. I can share it if you're willing to not discuss or share the context. What service do I use?

I mean there are end frames of video clips that shouldn't be visible in the exported video because they are covered in the multi-track timeline that become visible in the exported video undesirably.

I placed the text clips as video clips right before the video clips that would show up later than desired time point within the exported video. I suppose because there was otherwise unused space (gaps?) in the timeline preceding those certain video clips that for some reason, it would make an error and have them show up later within the exported video, while if they have something coming before them (i.e. no unused space), this problem doesn't occur.

In the exported video itself, there are certain video clips that run at a lower framerate then they should.

I will not discuss or share the context. The project files will be only used by VP developers and will be deleted once the issue is closed.

We can check the VPJ file first without the media files. There will be no context in the VPJ file and only shows the way you layout clips. If we can't find an issue then you might need to upload the media files.

You can put the VPJ file anywhere since it's small - DropBox, Google Drive or One Drive etc. and PM me the link.

The video clip end around the 0:01:11.420 mark

The video clip end around the 0:01:18.180 mark

The video clip end around the 0:01:22.200 mark

The video clip end around the 0:02:07.910 mark

The video clip end around the 0:03:53.700 mark

The video clip end around the 0:03:55.140 mark

The video clip end around the 0:03:56.370 mark

The video clip end around the 0:04:06.540 mark

The video clip beginning around the 0:06:49.570 mark

Clips that are reversed (some of the Croc Caddicarus video clips) also seem to have this problem and I remember it also occuring with clips because they were reversed.

Yes, this issue happen to me when I try to export to a frame rate different from the preview frame rate.

I don't think that's a bug since converting between different frame is unavoidable to duplicate or drop frames at some point.

Try change your preview frame rate to what you want to export.

Usually, I think the preview frame rate already matched the exported one (30). Having said that, using preset detection in the export window gives the slightly different frame of 30.012. The preview frame rate isn't able to match that. The export at 30.012 fps instead of 30 I think took longer. The results were different, and some areas I swear thought were covered before were apparently not covered now. Maybe the preview frame rate caused that?

Then during the process of repositioning all the video files to hopefully definitively cover their below areas in the timeline exactly, not all done in one saved session, I returned to see that frames I'm absolutely sure I covered were either covered, two frames off of being covered, or three frames off of being covered. This even happened within grouped video clips. So I came to the conclusion that the preview screen I'd been taking reference must be changing its frame rate between sessions or something (especially as my unorthadox one can't be applied to it), causing the parts where video clip changes to jump around.

And trying an export of the project file, I still see should-be-covered frame issues. In fact, exporting with the text clips again in two cases and getting half the same result suggests that it wasn't this issue causing it either. So I think maybe the unorthodox nonapplicable frame rate is why the preview doesn't match properly?

• 4 weeks later...

I've did some testing here and didn't found any problem so I'm not sure what need to be done.

Have you tried exporting with the constant frame rate option on?

If you still experiencing the problem. Could you please try reproduce it in a small project that only contain a few short clips? Try copy the clips around the spot that the problem appear to a new project.

• 2 months later...

Hi.

I've also had problem with this part:

"And thirdly, I often see certain clips being lower than expected frame rate than other clips."

All my clips are 60 fps and I'm exporting the video as 60 fps. However, sometimes certain clips look like as if they're below 30fps, close 20 or so. Seems to mostly happening in complicated projects. To get around this, I usually need to export the Project in small sections, then combine them again in the editor.