Phantom Account Receivable

zort

I am going to try to muddle through this explanation so please bear with me.

When I do a trial balance, it shows 1210 Accounts Receivable with a Debit of $39.00. I only have one invioce with that sum. I thought that I had forgotten to apply payment. I went to the invoice and it shows the invoice as paid.

I then went to the general ledger (Receipts) to look for the Receipt of that payment. It is not there. I thought I would make an entry into the general ledger to correct this but the account 1150, undeposited funds that would be debited is correct, so debiting there would bring it out of balance.

Sales show a entry SLS10166 debiting Accounts Receivable $39.00 and Crediting Freight ($6.00) and General Sales ($33.00)

Invoices shows a paid invoice 10166 for the $39.00 but general ledger does not show a REC10166.

If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

In case anyone else runs into this situation.

Here is how I solved the issue:

In Sales, View

Click on payments

Find the payment that has been actually made but not properly processed by the software and delete the payment, make note of the invoice number.

Go to View invoices and find that invoice, you can filter by Customer if you wish.

The Payment icon should now be active, so click on it and receive the payment (AGAIN)

This should get sales, revenue and accounts receivable in order.

I am at a loss to explain how accounting software can apply the payment but never register a RECxxxxx for the payment.

I am just beginning to decide if I am going to use this software for my 1 person business.