Unpaid accounts

Eebygum

I have a problem which is driving me insane.

When doing my invoices yesterday, I have come across that many of the customers payments had not registered. So I painstakinglu went through them all again and marked them off as paid.

Under the customers list, it shows the invoices that have been paid, and the amounts owing. Only when I go to the unpaid accounts, its showing many of my customers are owing large amounts of money, when they don't.

Please can someone advise as to what has happened? I have gone right back through to when I first started using the software in 2012 and still can't get the unpaid accounts bill to show the correct amount.

• 2 months later...

I have a similar issue where I mark invoices as paid, they don't update as paid in the invoice list, but do have an entry in the payment list. When I go and edit and save payment from payment list, it does nothing. When I re-apply the payment from the invoice list, it puts a duplicate entry in payments list, when I delete one, it says it will reverse. It then mark the invoice as partially paid, In the invoice list but it puts some random number little over $100 more that is due. I cannot seem to fix this. I have 5 invoices like this.

So as I commented in another similar question/answer section, to resolve this I deleted all payments, copied the invoice, deleted the original invoice, then marked new invoice as paid. This seems to work on the invoice list and payment list, but as you said in the report unpaid accounts I should have just a handful but it gives me more than double my customers which I checked and they are paid off. So it looks like the report is not getting it's data real-time directly from wherever the invoice and payment info is being stored. It almost seems like the data is being stored separately for the report and not updating, because on one customer I change the name and while it is correct everywhere else not in the unpaid accounts report. I tried closing and opening again thinking that might trigger it to look up the data again, or I tried running other reports, but nothing seems to update it. I hope someone can shed some light on this...

Thanks!

Hi,

Something you can try (instead of deleting payments or invoices) when you see there is an issue on a customer balance or balance due, is to run the "Recalculate customer balance" option within the Customers list window, select the customer and click the Customer top menu(top left corner of the window) to select the "Recalculate customer balance" option.

This will basically recalculate all entries(payments, invoices, credit notes...) on this customer account balance. Please try.

I won't recommend to delete entries, this must be done if there is nothing else to do. If you need assistance you can also contact the NCH email support > supportnch@nchsoftware.com

Best regards,