Effect problem

snowxl

I will see below screen when I start VideoPad. "There was an error loading one or more of the effect or transition icons.

Please reinstall Videopad to fix this problem." My video pad is missing a lot of icons. What should I do?

I will see below screen when I start VideoPad. "There was an error loading one or more of the effect or transition icons.

Please reinstall Videopad to fix this problem." My video pad is missing a lot of icons. What should I do?

Download and reinstall Videopad.

Hi snowxl,

This is a known bug with the current release of VideoPad, and has two parts:

• The "There was an error loading one or more of the effect or transition icons" message is because of a bug on our end (Avoid applying the Pan & Zoom effect from the Video Effects menu)
  • The ("My video pad is missing a lot of icons") is because your computer doesn't support Direct3D 9. To solve this, you need to upgrade to a newer computer (anything built in the last 10 years should be fine).

Out of personal interest, would you be willing to say what display adapter you have? You can find out by going to the start menu -> search box (or run on older version of windows) -> search for dxdiag. Run DxDiag, go to the Display tab (Any display tab should be fine if there's more than 1) and tell us the Name and Chip Type.

VideoPad was working after I upgraded to new version. However, "There was an error loading one or more of the effect or transition icons" message shows after I installed wavepad to my computer.

VideoPad was working after I upgraded to new version. However, "There was an error loading one or more of the effect or transition icons" message shows after I installed wavepad to my computer.

Hi snowxl,

I've sent you a PM. Can you please have a look at it and get back to us?