Blueq

Please help me! I have a project on video pad that at least took me about 10 hours. When I was done I was going to save it but when I was in the process of saving it, my computer randomly shut off! When I turned my computer back on, it asked me if I wanted to load what was recently open. When I opened it everything was fine. So I shut off my computer again for a break. When I turned on my computer back on, it did not ask me to open the recent file and I'm panicking not knowing where to turn to! Please if anybody can help or contact admin. PLEASE also keep in mind I have NO save file except a half exported video that won't open.

Seems your Mp4 was corrupted. :unsure:

The VPJ files are not playable; they contain instructions. Load the VPJ into Videopad and it may recreate your project, so you can export it once again.

Look under "C:\Users\<your account name>\Documents\VideoPad Projects" or do a search.

As Borate pointed out: VPJ file are not a video file so it won't play. It contains all the editing instruction you've done to a project. VideoPad can load it and restore the editing progress. It'll take just a blink to save a VPJ file.

VideoPad automatically saves VPJ files during your editing. They will be deleted when VideoPad quit normally. If VideoPad crashed, the auto-saved project will be detected and prompted to load when you restart VideoPad.

There is only one autosave file: C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\VideoPad\autosave.vpj.

You will be prompt to load the auto-saved project if VP detected it when start up. It will be deleted if VideoPad shutdown normally.

In your case, unfortunately it's already deleted if you don't get prompt when VP start up.

Autosave was never designed as a backup file. If VP don't delete the autosave file, there will be too many on the disk without you even notice.