Is there any quick way to speed up a clip past 800%?

jjcool

Hi. I have a clip that needs to be sped up more than 800%. I know I can export the sped up clip, and speed that clip up, but that is tedious, and I would much rather be able to do it quickly. Is there any way around this?

Hi

To speed up a clip beyond 800 (8X)

Place the clip on the timeline select it and change the speed to 800 and click "Set". It will now be 8X faster

If the original clip played in 32 seconds it will now play in 4 seconds.

To get it even faster you don't need to export it and then reload it....exactly speaking...

Once you have speeded up the clip to the maximum....

On the top toolbar click "Sequence" and select "New Sequence" This will place your speeded up clip in the Sequence bin (labelled Sequence 1) and clear the timeline.

Open the media list Sequence bin. Right click and select Sequence 1. Place it on the empty timeline. It will now (in my example) register 4 seconds in duration on the timeline although its properties shown by hovering will still show 32 seconds.

Now right click the clip on the timeline and select "Change clip speed" once more. You will note that the speeded up clip will play at 100 as before but will take 4 seconds.

Reset the speed to a new value....e.g. 200....(2x).....The clip will now play in 2 seconds. Repeat the steps to make it even quicker.

In effect, in this example the clip has speeded up16X to "1600".(8X + 2X.) Its up to you to work out what values to use to achieve your goal.

Note , however, that the speeded up effect does not retain the same number of frames...it's not a speedup of frames per second. It's less frames played at the same speed.

Nat

Hi

To speed up a clip beyond 800 (8X)

Place the clip on the timeline select it and change the speed to 800 and click "Set". It will now be 8X faster

If the original clip played in 32 seconds it will now play in 4 seconds.

To get it even faster you don't need to export it and then reload it....exactly speaking...

Once you have speeded up the clip to the maximum....

On the top toolbar click "Sequence" and select "New Sequence" This will place your speeded up clip in the Sequence bin (labelled Sequence 1) and clear the timeline.

Open the media list Sequence bin. Right click and select Sequence 1. Place it on the empty timeline. It will now (in my example) register 4 seconds in duration on the timeline although its properties shown by hovering will still show 32 seconds.

Now right click the clip on the timeline and select "Change clip speed" once more. You will note that the speeded up clip will play at 100 as before but will take 4 seconds.

Reset the speed to a new value....e.g. 200....(2x).....The clip will now play in 2 seconds. Repeat the steps to make it even quicker.

In effect, in this example the clip has speeded up16X to "1600".(8X + 2X.) Its up to you to work out what values to use to achieve your goal.

Note , however, that the speeded up effect does not retain the same number of frames...it's not a speedup of frames per second. It's less frames played at the same speed.

Nat

Wow! I didn't know I could do it like that! :D