Videopad version 4.45 will not open old file from version 2.30

seashell

Hi Members,

I have VideoPad version 4.45 installed running on Windows 10. The interface looks amazing but I have not used it yet. I was initially running Videopad version 2.30 on Windows 7 but after my Win 10 upgrade I had to install the newest version of Videopad (ver. 4.45) as the old version (ver. 2.30) was not compatible with windows 10. The problem now is that Videopad version 4.45 will not open the old Videpad project I was working on from version 2.30. Any thoughts on how to get the file to open on version 4.45 so I can continue working on my project?

Thank you very much.

Hi

The naming and the number of the files in the cache created from version 2.3 is quite different to the files created in VP 4.45 and as far as I know you will not be able to open a project that you created in the earlier version as VP 4.45 would be trying to find files that do not exist.

NCH may be able to suggest something but I doubt it.

Nat

We've found some issues in later versions since v4.30 when loading old version files which causing missing clips in loaded project. This issue will be fixed in the next release. We are planning for a new release in about two weeks time.

For now, the only way to get around it is use a version between 3.00 to 4.22 open the old project and then save it as a new one.