How to get finished product to reduce raw material inventory?

shopdog

I have uploaded all of my raw materials, and created a new finished product using Bill of Materials from my raw materials list. When I finish inventory I want to move it from the warehouse to the sales floor then sell it. Once moved to the sales floor, I want the inventory in the raw materials to reflect the items used in the finished product.

I can't find anything (maybe I don't know how to look) in the user's guide. I don't need anything fancy, I just want to:

1. Add a finished product using raw materials in stock

2. Sell the finished product

3. Have inventory of both raw materials and finished products accurately reflected.

Please help!

The bill of materials is the option to choose when you want to create a finished product out of other materials in stock. When you create the Bill Of materials (BOM) this creates a new item. To sell the finished product then you need to use a POS software that can help you manage your sales or sell the finished item through the selling stock. Everytime you sell a finished product Inventoria will deduct the corresponding items that made that BOM.

• 3 years later...

The BOM (Bill Of Materials) has one major flaw in this software. When you create a new item that is made up of other items using the BOM, you can't input how many of those new items you made.

For example:

ItemA = 100pcs

ItemB = 200pcs

ItemC is made of 1 ItemA and 1 ItemB. When you generate the BOM, the main screen with all items will show:

ItemA = 100pcs

ItemB = 200pcs

ItemC = 100pcs

The flaw is these numbers reflect how many of ItemC you CAN make, not how many you HAVE made. Because you only have 100pcs of ItemA, the most of ItemC you can make is 100pcs. But that doesn't mean that's how many I have made. What if I haven't made any of ItemC yet? Or what if I have made 20pcs of ItemC? There needs to be a way to input how many you have made, so the items screen reflects this and reduced the quantity of the other items. If I make 20 of ItemC, the item screen should show:

ItemA = 80pcs

ItemB = 180pcs

ItemC = 20pcs

Unless this BOM feature gets fixed, this feature is useless.

Edited by MarkDe
Updated original post.