Having problems emailing invoices to customers.

Good afternoon,

Hoping someone there may know a simple fix to this as its driving me nuts!

Being using express invoice and Mcafee for two years with no problems, all of a sudden I'm not able to email invoices to my customers which is causing real problems with cash flow as I'm not getting paid!

When I attempt to email an invoice I get an error message that comes up saying:

A program is trying to send an email message on your behalf. If this is unexpected, click Deny and verify your antivirus software is up to date.

I click allow and nothing happens, it goes back to the invoice list and the invoice never appears in my sent items in outlook like it used to.

I have checked that Mcafee is up to date which it is and have tried everything I can to make it work with no success.

Can anyone please help!?!

Hello,

If you are selecting the option to use MAPI to send email with email software then you may want to confirm your email software allows other (3rd party) applications to send emails on its behalf. Sadly from the program Express Invoice there is no setting that needs to be change to allow that but you may want to check with Outlook support if you are not able to send the emails. Another option is to select the option Use SMTP to send email directly ... If you need assistance on how to setup the SMTP on Express Invoice please follow this link http://www.nchsoftware.com/invoice/kb/1450.html

@chris75 thank you so much for your prompt and efficient response. Ive no idea why it stopped working and Ive spent the last week changing settings to try and get it working again with no joy. I've just changed it to SMTP following the steps on your link and it now seems to be working perfectly!

Thanks again I have just sent around £6k of outstanding invoices again hopefully we will now receive payment on them!

• 1 month later...

I'm going to sound a real fool but I too have problems sending emails. Sometimes they go sometimes they don't and then I get the error message as previously mentioned.

I have followed the link you provided but the silliness is that I cannot find the 'options' tab to select anywhere on my screen. I'm not new to computing so understand the instructions but options doesn't appear to be an option on my version.

Any suggestions please?

I'm going to sound a real fool but I too have problems sending emails. Sometimes they go sometimes they don't and then I get the error message as previously mentioned.

I have followed the link you provided but the silliness is that I cannot find the 'options' tab to select anywhere on my screen. I'm not new to computing so understand the instructions but options doesn't appear to be an option on my version.

Any suggestions please?