Burnt DVD won't play

jewitter

Trying to help a friend but struggling. He has a Panasonic HD recorder and has been using its bundled software to edit then burn to Blu ray discs. These play well on his TV with blu ray player. Now trying recently purchased video pad which has much better features and more user friendly. However once burned to disc they simply do not play back on TV although they will play on PC. I've looked at the finished disc properties and they are identical file type ie .mt2s and folder structure produced is also identical for both Panasonic and video pad yet only the Panasonic produced disc will play. I have double checked all I can see in settings but without luck and even tried different makes of blu ray disc.

If anyone can think of any reason one works but one doesn't I would be more than grateful as I'm baffled.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay but finally back to helping my friend out. Having looked closely at the VP burning to Blu-ray, I had been using the export to Blu-ray function inbuilt in video pad. This gave the not playing error. Then I installed the stand alone express burn part of the suite and this burned and played Blu-ray discs fine. Why one burner works and the other doesn't I can not explain. Only one thing I can't make work is using this same burner but with dvd's results in very poor quality playback but maybe there might be some settings to change although with restricted access time there was nothing immediately obvious.

I've been using "Export DVD Movie" then clicking "DVD movie disc" from within Videopad. This makes DVDs that will play on the computer, but at lower quality / resolution than Preview. When I put this disc in my DVD player attached to the TV I get "Disc error, please eject the disc, Playback feature may not be available on this disc". What am I doing wrong?