WavePad v6.5 Maximum File Length Issues

RacerX

Hello,

I have been a WavePad user for many years and within the past month I upgraded to version 6.5 on Windows 10.

At first, everything worked correctly. Then, all of a sudden, no matter what MP3 file I load, it cuts the file off at 5:12.945. Files that I have never had issues with before - and it is EVERY file that is longer than 5:12.945.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be happening? Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Best Regards,

Hello, for that issue you may want to follow these steps:

1. Save your work and close WavePad

2. Navigate to the following directory: C:\Users\[YOUR USER NAME]\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\WavePad

3. Delete any files which have any of the following file extensions: (.grf, .aud, .mp3, .nchmp3)

Hello,

Thank you for the response.

I do not have that directory on my computer. My directory looks like this: C:USERS\MY NAME\Roaming\Intel\Wireless............. There is no AppData folder and the "Roaming" folder only has "Intel" and "Wireless" folders, both of which are empty.

Best Regards,

Hi RacerX,

"AppData" is a hidden folder - you need to tell windows to show hidden folders. On Windows 10 you can do this by opening Windows explorer and then clicking View->Options, click the "View" tab, select the option which says "Show hidden files, folders and drives"

Alternatively, you can access the AppData folder by typing the following directly into the URI bar at the top of windows explorer: %AppData% - this is a shortcut link to the AppData folder

Regards,

Ben

Hi Guru,

Thank you very much!

I got into the AppData folder and there was only one .nchmp3 file and once that was deleted the program recognized the full length of my files again.

Best Regards,

• 1 month later...

I had issues as well, I wasn't recording with wavepad, just editing a file with wavepad......and it just jammed up and I was unable to edit.....no v numbers, it was a few years back. I just figured there were limitations on the length. Had too many other issues to dwell on it too long.