Any problems with Windows 10?

tbera1212

I have a doctor dictating using ITunes voice memos, and the files will not play in Express Scribe using Windows 10.

First, is Express Scribe compatible with Windows 10? I am running it in compatibility mode for Windows 7.

I am using Switch to convert the files from .w4a to .mp3 format, but they still will not deliver any sound in Express Scribe.

Does anyone have any experience in this that could help me?

Many Thanks!!

TBera

:)

I had to re-register for this forum because I have been at so many support pages and forums, I could not remember my registration data, but I am the one that originally posted this thread.

I contacted ES Support, and their suggestion had no effect on being able to play the .m4a files through Express Scribe with Windows 10. Supposedly, .m4a is a supported file format for Express Scribe. I am hopeing I can find out if I need to bust my PC back to Windows 7 and get rid of Windows 10, but my understanding of the software is that it works in Windows 10, so I should not have to. I replaced my sound card, just in case, and I updated every driver known to man on any PC anywhere, so if it is going to work, I would think it should, but it doesn't.

Any help would be much appreciated. I really need to get this new contract going before the client goes with another service. So far, they are being merciful, but I don't expect that to last. I have spent about $250.00 on finding a solution to this problem, but no solution in sight.

Many Thanks!!

TBera