Is there any "adjustment" to "image sequence" in Export???

JoeKulik

"Export" has a Very Interesting option named "image sequence" which enables the user to export a clip as a sequence of photos (video frames). I myself can imagine MANY Creative Uses for "image sequence", but my problem is that this option generates TOO DAMN MANY images !!!!! I just now exported a 3 minute clip as an "image sequence" & ended up with folder containing 6200+ photos !!! ARE YOU KIDDING ??? That's CRAZY !!! In an "action clip" where there is human behavior, the difference between image 1000 & 1001 is trivial and of no use to me. In fact, the difference between image 1000 & 1010 is trivial & of no use to me. Is there some way to adjust the "image sequence" option to generate just every 30th or 50th frame instead of EVERY frame??? Also, can someone give me a clue about how 6200+ images generated from a 3 minute video clip can be of practical use to ANYONE???

Joe Kulik .... So.Experienced@gmail.com

Image sequence is basically uncompressed video and it does require every frame to be generated for its propose.

If you want less frames you can lower your export frame rate.

You can also try screenshot if you only need a few images. Just typing the time position in the preview window or drag the red cursor on the timeline and press the screenshot button.

Hi Joe

"Also, can someone give me a clue about how 6200+ images generated from a 3 minute video clip can be of practical use to ANYONE???"

Here is an example..The ability to extract individual images (even hundreds) from a movie has its uses.

In amateur astronomy for example, a single photograph, say, of Jupiter, is normaly unusable as the detail is blurred.due to atmospheric turbulence. The way around this is to shoot a short movie and then extract the individual images which can then be individually examined and the least blurred selected. (There are programs that will do this.)

In principle, these "better" images would still not be particularly good but each would hold detail missing from others. So by using a program for the purpose, (often the same program), the images can be "added" together, i.e. aligned and merged. The final composite image is smoother and less "pixelated" and now contains all the detail available. The final step is enhancment at various pixel levels producing a much better final photograph.

Nat

• 3 months later...

Thank You VERY Much for your Expert responses !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!