Need help

novaawesomesauce

Hi, i'm a noob at this, so sorry if it's already been covered (i looked to no avail). How would i go about having an image fade over the video so slowly that by the time the video is nearing the end it's only just been finished? I also need some music to fade in as the picture is starting to show up.

Thanks in advance

Drop the image to be faded onto the overlay track, which is immediately above the track that contains your video. If you have only a single video track, then the overlay will become track 2.

In the time line, click the FX effects icon at the left-bottom of that image clip Or select (highlight) the clip and click the VIDEO EFFECTS menu. Click the green + and choose the TRANSPARENCY effect.

Plot keyframes, as outlined here.

For your audio track, click on the time line clip. Drag the blue horizontal line far left side downwards, and the volume will be lowered at that point.

Anywhere the line is clicked a new keyframe is added, same as video keyframing, so a volume curve can be created. Right-click the clip to see other options.

Also examine the right-click menu FADE options for the audio clip.

Hi

Image Fade-Out......

Drag and drop video onto Track 1

Drag and drop Image onto the overlay track.

LIne it up and pull out the right hand end of the image so the duration matches the video.

Click the box marked FX on the left end of the image line.

Click the Green cross and select Transparency

Click the down arrow on the default box and select Fade Out.

Done!

Music Fade-In-......

Drag and drop music clip to Audio track 2 (below Audio track 1) and line it up.

If needed you can mute the main track audio by clicking the microphone icon next to the FX box

Check duration of the video track that you have. (Hover mouse over the track and the value should be visible.Alternatively go into Storyboard mode and note the duration value shown for the clip)

Return to Timeline mode.

Right click the music clip on Audio track 2 and select Fade In.

Enter the duration you noted for the accomanying video.

Done!

Nat