DVD problem

Dazzray

I used VP 4.40 to just export a 32-minute mp4 file to dvd (imported the mp4, then exported it without any edits/modifications). Upon playback of the dvd, the video plays ok until a particular point at about 8:30 minutes, then freezes. This occurred on two fairly new, identical Sony dvd players. It also happens when I play the dvd on my new desktop (which created the dvd). The mp4 file itself plays just fine on the computer (including a youtube upload), but the dvd has the problem. When I burned the dvd, I made two copies, and both have the problem, so it doesn't appear to be a defective dvd blank.

Suggestions?

Have you tried burning other project before? Is that the only project you have this problem?

Edit: I've asked around and found we had received similar report and the fixing was just finished. I'm trying to include the fix to the new release, might delay the release a bit though.

I did try EXPRESS BURN ... same thing happened, but at an earlier point in the dvd.

Very frustrating... after all these years, what seems like the simple task of burning a dvd and I can't do it.

Why is it that in the world of video production, progress is so hard to achieve? Every time I try to produce one, whether in VP or another vendor's product,

there is ALWAYS a roadblock! As a retired software writer, I can say that my career would have been a lot shorter if my work had resulted in so many failures.

On the positive side, I will say that NCH is very attentive to its customers, and quite responsive... I do appreciate that!

You're not alone...

Over many years, In a commercial TV network setting, "home" burned DVDs tended to be problematic, even when produced on a standalone recorder/player.

For no apparent reason they would freeze, glitch, play in machine A but not in machine B, lose audio, etc. When that behavior began, and laser cleaning didn't suffice, we would simply trash the recorder. They're cheap.

You did an Express Burn and hinted that you also tried another vendor's product, so that would appear to rule out software as the cause.

Despite the "new" PC, have you tested a different burner? If THAT fails, even though it occurs at different points, one might conclude that the production itself has an effect or element that is the cause.

Report results here.