Deshaker - multicore processing

wavelet

Hi everyone!

I've noticed that when using deshaker first pass (stabilizing) is being done using all available cores but then when it says "converting video file" only one core is used no meter which encoder I use. Is it possible to run the second pass on all available cores? Without it the process is painfully slow for longer clips.

Thanks!

Hi,

That's because we are having an issue with the deshaker plugin. It crashes while we try to use it from multiple threads.

We disabled multi-threading for the plugin for now and hoping the issue can be fixed in the later version.

Best Regards,

Thanks for the info. Would it be possible to run several instances of deshaker at the same time for different clips?

I have many clips to deshake so instead of running first pass on all cores and then second on one core, for all clips one after another it would be faster to run "number-of-cores" clips all on separate core at the same time. It would cause higher memory consumption but it will allow to use all CPU resources.

It would cause higher memory consumption but it will allow to use all CPU resources

Memory footprint is also our major concern.

I think it would be useful to be able to apply effects (including deshaker) for entire video track.

You can apply deshaker to multiple clips by select them in the media folder(bin) and then right click and select "Stabilize Videos". For other effects, select multiple clip from the timeline and select "Replace effect chain in other selected clips" or "Add effect chain to other selected clips".