Issue Dwnloading Audio Files to Scribe

cjgums

I had Windows Vista on a Gateway laptop on which I used Express Scribe Pro v 5.63 whenever on vacation to download and transcribe medical dictations. I had no problem until I purchased a Dell laptop with Windows 10. Now, when audio files are downloaded to Scribe, some of the files are incomplete, showing roughly 20 seconds of duration when they should be 1-3 minutes long. The slider moves across the bottom of the Scribe window, but I have no audio. This issue affects only about 3 out of 10 audio files each time. I have been in contact with the NCH support team who says that Express Scribe Pro is compatible with Windows 10, but they cannot resolve this issue. I am desperate to find a solution, as I would like to upgrade my desktop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 with the free offer, which is good only until July. I am running out of time, and since my desktop is used solely for my work, I cannot upgrade until I know for sure that Express Scribe will work. Please help me. Thank you.

Hi @cjgums

What version of the program do you have installed? (you can check this on the lower left corner)

Also what is the format of the files you are trying to load into the program?

Please let me know this two things so I can test it on our side trying to replicate your same escenario.