Pasting text

Nationalsolo

HI

Although you can paste text into the subtitle editor it seems you can't do this when entering text into the "Add text" screen. Could this feature be added..it could be useful. I am pleased to see that my suggestion re: the font names being listed in the actual font has been implemented. :)

Nat

HI

Although you can paste text into the subtitle editor it seems you can't do this when entering text into the "Add text" screen.

You can do this, Nat. But if the ADD TEXT box background color is the same as the font color it won't be seen. Change it to white.

Hi Borate

I actually had the font default set as Balloon in red with a background black, so there is no clash of this type. Typing text was fine; the letters appearing at the cursor line in Balloon red.

I was actually looking at the Hebrew text problem where the text in subtitles mode appeared out of order. and was wondering if it could be pasted in the "Add text " window instead, where I had the idea that it wouldn't be rearranged. So I used Google translator to create the Hebrew text and copied it using the right click "Copy.paste" However, pasting this into VP"Add Text" window didn't work as there is no Paste option...at least I cant find it.. ...but......I have just had a thought.....is it because I was pasting Hebrew text?....I'll try ordinary western text...

No...That doesn't work either .Right clicking on the text window doesn't give a "Cut Copy Paste" menu. It just brings up the larger Text entry window and right clicking this has no action either. And yes; I can Copy/Paste Hebrew text into the Windows notepad, so why not VP?

This is with version 4.40 professional.

Nat