How to insert a clip at start or middle of a sequence ???

JoeKulik

If I have a sequence composed of a number of different video clips, I have NO Problem inserting the next video clip at the end of the sequence. However, I can't figure out how to insert a video clip at the front (the start) of a sequence. Similarly, I can't figure out how to insert a video clip between two other video clips that are already in the sequence. Is VideoPad capable of such insertions, OR am I asking for too much here????

Joe Kulik.....Vallejo, California USA.....707 363 0953......So.Experienced@mai.com

If I have a sequence composed of a number of different video clips, I have NO Problem inserting the next video clip at the end of the sequence. However, I can't figure out how to insert a video clip at the front (the start) of a sequence. Similarly, I can't figure out how to insert a video clip between two other video clips that are already in the sequence.

This applies to the current version...

Drag the red line the point where you want to drop in the new shot. To locate the exact margin between two clips use the "edge" buttons - ||< >|| They're under the viewer window.

Select the clip to be inserted, then click the small arrow to the right of the PLACE icon (or to the right of the green downward-pointing arrow in the media area) and make your choice.

Hi

"I can't figure out how to insert a video clip at the front (the start) of a sequence. Similarly, I can't figure out how to insert a video clip between two other video clips that are already in the sequence"

As well as the method outlined by Borate above. You can try this...

With your clips on the sequence and the one you want to add between them present in the media list, switch into Storyboard mode. Grab the clip/image in the media list and simply drag it down to the join between the clips where you want to place it. (The clips will be shown as thumbnails) . A grey bar will appear as you reach a join. Drop your clip . It will be inserted at the join you have selected..

Nat