Play Function

gwgrover

1. 1. how do i cancel this Poll Manager?

• i have
    • no idea

After recording an entire side of an lp, I tried to 'play' the recording back to aid in manually splitting tracks. However there was no sound.

The recording could be played back using other software - so it was a good recording.

The computer is a mac book pro; Other software installed is "soundflower' and 'linein'.

Any suggestions about I can get this corrected?

(F.Y.I: I did not use the GoldenRecords ability to automatically split the tracks, because of the condition of the lp; and I was unable to get 'sound floor' and 'silence interval' parameters set to provide a very acceptable result)

Automatic splitting works acceptably with many of my 30 year old LP's,

Hello, we have not been able to replicate the issue however, if the files play fine on other programs then it may be a setting issue on the program. If you wish to split the recording into tracks then you may use Wavepad to split the audio track as needed. You may download Wavepad for Mac from this link http://www.nch.com.au/components/wavepadmaci.zip

Would you send me the parameters used in GoldenRecords you are using for playback from the recorded list?

also your mac system parameters for "Sound"

Mine are:

Apple menu --> system preferences --> sound --> output --> headphones

input --> USB audio CODEC

GoldenRecord Preferences --> Sound record device: USB Audio CODEC

Sound input channel: Channel 2

Play Window --> Built-in Output

THANK YOU

Gary

Hello, The settings we have on the computer are Apple menu > system preferences > sound > output > Internal Speakers > Input > USB audio CODEC

The program is set as GoldenRecord Preferences > Sound record device: USB Audio CODEC

Sound input channel: Channel 2

Are you using a Preamp to connect the turntable to the computer or you are connecting it directly to the computer? Keep in mind that to receive better service you may want to create a support ticket for NCH Software support team to assist you.