windows 10 problems

garryb

Can't record on new computer using windows 10. Click record button on track control panel no input shows. When I click on main record button nothing happens, cursor does not even move. USB interface is installed and recognized by Mixpad.

Hi garryb,

If you click on the "Audio Options" button for the track you are trying to record to (the spanner icon), do you have the Recording Options field correctly populated with the device you are trying to record from?

Regards,

Ben

Hi Ben

Thanks for your help. I looked at "audio options" but still no luck. I tried to record on the old computer - windows 7 - usb interface was not recognised so I tried on two other computers (and with a different cable) same result so I think the problem is in the usb interface. I will take it to the shop and have them look at it. Thanks again

regards

Garry

• 2 months later...

Hi

This time, ..............there is no indication of sound (on track level meter) coming into mix pad. As far as I can tell all settings are right.

Level indicator on Focusrite interface shows sound there.

appreciate any help

Garry

• 6 months later...

Hello

Having problems recording again!

I did some recording  end of last year and everything was fine. Yesterday I tried to do some recording but could only get sound on left side of channel. Today I tried and could record nothing.
These are the recording options I have for the track settings:
Default sound in
Line in (2 – Scarlett solo)
Asio  Focusrite Scarlett solo

This is what happens when I select each of those options:

Default sound in – I select the stereo or mono option. On the left channel is the option ‘windows record mixer’ on the right channel the option is ‘master volume’ but these are greyed out. There is some movement in the level meter but no real indication of sound coming in. When I click on the record button the cursor moves but nothing records.

Line in (2 – Scarlett solo) – I have the option of stereo/mono I select stereo (the results are the same for mono). The channel options are not there but there are greyed out options as described above. When I click on record I get an error message – ‘There is a problem with the recording device you have selected for this track……….’

Asio Focusrite Scarlett – I select the stereo (or mono) option and left channel input 1 and right channel input 2. No input shows on the level meter and the cursor moves but nothing records when I click on the record button

On the windows sound settings ‘line in ( 2-Scarlett solo)' is selected as the default device and the device is working properly.

The greyed out options in 1 and 2 channel boxes are new, I have never seen those before.

There has been a windows 10 forced update since recording last year.

Appreciate any help

Garry 

• 2 months later...

If anyone is actually thinking about replying to this post please don't worry. I have moved on from Mixpad.

Very disappointed with Mixpad,  I paid the money and bought the program however nobody could offer any help when things went wrong. I wouldn't recommend it to anybody.