burning multiple files to produce a single dvd presentation

RussMc

Hi

I am a newcomer to video work, so please excuse me if this query sounds trite:

I have produced a series of 5 short videos of choral music with multiple photos as a background, plus a scrolling title sequence and end credits. I would like to place these, in order,on a DVD, with say a 3 second gap between each. I am sure that this must be a trivial problem,but I do not seem to be able to locate instructions as to how to do this.

Any assistance would be much appreciated

Russ

Bring each of your previously exported (produced) videos into VP and place all on the sequence in the desired order.

At each split point ADD BLANK clip, from the menu bar. The color and length of the blank clip can be altered by using the controls that are under the preview window.

To accurately target each split point use the either the right- or left-facing buttons under the sequence window. These buttons have a chevron that points to two vertical lines. ||< and >||

Then burn a DVD Movie disk with or without a menu. The result will be your videos separated by the blank clip.

As a test, to avoid "coasters" burn to a rewriteable disc...

or write to an ISO file if you have a decompressor utility installed that is associated with ISOs. (Click the downward arrow that's far-right of the "burner" field to see the ISO option.)

Then, a double-click on the ISO will reveal the VIDEO.TS folder. Open that folder and there will be a .VOB file that can be clicked to play the production..

Ok...slight problem here. When I press the "Export Video File" it chunters away for several minutes producing the required output (including menus) but then comes up with an error saying that it can't burn to the DVD.

I have tested the DVD burner bring the project using another app, and that is fine so do you have an idea what the problem is please (I am using he non-commercial free download if this makes a difference.

Two things... despite the error message, check the DVD to see if it completed. That has happened.

And, try burning as an ISO, then burn that file to the DVD. If you have Windows 7, a right-click on the ISO file, then SEND TO: Windows DVD Burner may do the job. Did here in Win 7.

In Windows 10 the procedure is somewhat different, as explained in several tutorials available via a search engine.