Audio Speed Increases on Own - Help!

Kimmikins

Hi! This is my first time on the forum and I need your help! Occasionally, immediately after I've recorded a track, when I play it back the audio is extremely fast, as if I've put an effect on it to quadruple the speed. Is this a defect in the software? Does this happen to anyone else? I record tracks for a radio station and this is very frustrating, not to mention time consuming when I have to re-record everthing. Thank you in advance for your assistance!

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem with Files I recorded from Video and saved in MP3.

When I open them in VCL Player, MP3 Player or iTunes everything is good, but when I open it with any NCH Software (Wavepad, VideoPad, Switch) the speed is extremely high as if it were compressed to 1 min 20 length.

I want to edit those files so I cannot let it be with being able to hear those files correctly in other players.

Hardware info:

Windows 10 Home, 64bit

Intel Core i7-4820K CPU 3,70 GHz each

64 GB RAM

AMD Radeon R9 200 Series Graphic Card

running these Programms from Mushkin Scorpion SSD 12 GB

Keyboard: Microsoft SideWinder X4

Mouse: Asus STRIX Claw

any info missing? just ask!

Hi Kundy13,

Off the top of my head I am not sure what could cause this problem. Would it be possible to send me one of the mp3 files you are having trouble with? I will send you a PM with my contact details. Also, if you could tell me what format the video was recorded in and what type of video camera you used that would be helpful too.

Regards,

Ben

• 2 months later...