how to fix low recording frame rate or blurry video

perigalacticon

Hello,

I just installed Debut video capture software, and tried a new webcam with it. The camera has very low frame rate displayed and I can't really use it. When the recording is played back everything looks very blurry when the camera moves or if something moves in front of it it is very slow. Under Encoder Options I tried changing the video quality compression setting between low and to high and it wasn't improved. Under Video Options I tried to increase the frame rate but the maximum allowed is 30 fps. I haven't used a webcam before but this is much worse than my phone. Should the video appear clear if the frame rate is 30 fps? How can I make this better? Is there a problem with the webcam possibly?

Thanks

Hello, the Frame per second (FPS) will depend mostly on the camera, if the camera is low quality and the FPS are low then there is nothing in the program that would help you to get a better image. One thing you may want to try is to check if the camera you are using there requires any drivers from the manufacturer. If you already have the updates software or drivers for the camera then you may want to try using a different cable to connect the camera to your computer. You can also test the camera using skype or any other program that uses a camera so you can check if the image there is low quality as when you use it in Debut.