Dispatching and Attaching

cjgums

I am new to NCH forums and to Express Delegate, so please bear with me. I transcribed some dictations yesterday, dispatching notes after each dictation. However, upon learning that the last dictation I dispatched was the final dictation, I failed to attach the word file. What do I need to do to attach the word file?

Hello, first you may want to confirm which is the program you are using to dispatch the dictations with the notes since Express Delegate is only the "server" application to manage the dictations flow. If you are using Express Scribe to transcribe the dictations then there is an option under File > Recover old dictations and with that you can retrieve any dictations you have already dispatched and modify or attach the notes.

If you are using Express Dictate to enter the notes then you may go to Dictations (upper left hand corner of the program's window) > Archived dictations and retrieve the dictations there and modify or attache the notes you were missing.

Thank you for responding to my question. I work with Express Scribe and was able to "recover" the specific audio file and attach the word file. However, upon dispatching, a message box came up saying that it could not be uploaded. I was going to post this later tonight, but since I am responding to your message now, I will say that I had to contact a Delegate manager who created and uploaded a new voice file, which permitted me to attach the word file, and then dispatch it. Like you, I thought that "recovering" the audio file would do the trick, but I guess it doesn't work that way.