having trouble getting used to latest Wavepad 6.3.3 - playback lag, etc.

donaldsauter

I have been using Wavepad 2.1.0 since 2006. I do just basic sound file editing - chopping a sound file into convenient tracks, and saving. I also work with selected sections - cutting, pasting, copying and mostly deleting.

I downloaded the latest Wavepad on a recently acquired computer with XP.

Most of the time (not all of the time) when I play a selection (using spacebar or F10), there is a delay before the sound starts. This throws me off. I can never be sure I really placed the cursor or split the file where I wanted to.

How do you turn off the lag? Or, how do I get instant sound upon hitting F10?

The other thing driving me crazy is selections of sound being made for me, after splitting a file, or upon reading in a file, say. I have to keep zapping the selections so I can move around the file (for instance, using the Home key).

What are these automatic selections all about? How do I avoid or disable them?

Is it possible to download v 2.1.0?

Thanks.

Hi donaldsauter,

WavePad should playback almost instantly. What kind of delay are you experiencing? Also, could you give some details on what sound card you have in your computer?

In regard to the automatic selection problem, I am unable to reproduce this issue at all. Could you please give me a description of exactly how this is occurring?

Regards,

Ben