issues with the layout/ small toolbar size on v6.33

vapors

5/21/17 edit to add: I have resolved my issue stated below - it had nothing to do with WavePad - it was an embarrassingly simple fix in the Windows 10 control panel!

I brought this up in a different thread, and another user has reported the same issue.

On my new win10 laptop (Alienware 17 R3) with the current edition v6.33, the bar at the bottom of the screen (which contains the transport features, the timing displays, and zoom) is extremely small and almost impossible to read. I can only work now due to my familiarity with the program and knowing where the button I need is located, but I can't read the times on the 'start, end,selection length, file length'...

I've been thinking that it had something to do with upgrading to windows 10, or something to do with the display of my new computer.

But maybe, or hopefully, it is a WavePad compatability issue that will be addressed. I haven't pursued this any further yet, as I stated I've learned to work with the miniature lower toolbar.

Hi vapors,

I suspect the issue you are experiencing is due to the high resolution nature of your laptop's screen - I believe your model comes with a 4K screen. I think what is happening is that WavePad is not scaling its control buttons appropriately with your DPI settings and is therefore appearing very small.

I have logged this as a bug in our system and we should hopefully have a fix out soon.

Regards,

Ben

Thanks Ben, that makes sense.

I'm still getting familiar with my laptop and have been wondering if there was some setting or something I could do on my end to resolve this.

I have been using an external monitor - the problem occurs on that also.

(Now I'm thinking I should try installing v6.33 of WavePad on my windows7 desktop (which currently runs v5.10 like a champ) just to see... )

• 1 year later...