How to change the background color?

HoosierKidsTV

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi,

I have the same issue as HoosierKidsTV and am wondering: how do I pad out the images to the target frame size? - I can pad the images using photo editing software but could someone tell me: what is the frame size as it still applies a black border where necessary? Or is there another way to alter the background colour used?

Thanks in advance

Jon

• 1 year later...

This works for me. 

1. On the Clips tab, choose ADD BLANK.   
  2. choose the color that you want for the blank
  3. add the blank to your time line in the track for video overlays,
  4. Right click to move that track down.  You  need to repeat this step until it is below all others.
  5. Resize the blank chip the full length of the time line.
  6. That will be your new background color.  It will show up only in areas of transparency that otherwise videopad would fill with black.

At this link you can see where I used a light green as the background color for only one of the five checked sequences in a video that I have prepared on lynching.  It's the one that shows my grandfather standing in front of his bank and its employees.    The frame "family clusters" shows as checkerboard the transparent area on both sides of a  photo.  When exported as video, that transparent area appears as black.  It too could be changed as I describe above.   

https://drive.google.com/open?id=18irAdnQ8_CTOLLCYyw63OQda1ZT5Mpyb  

Louie

• 9 months later...

I want my background to be transparent. I'm making a transition for my Twitch stream and I want the video to not start off covering my entire stream with a black block, followed by my transition. Any ideas on this?

• 2 months later...
On 5/3/2019 at 4:42 AM, shock2k5 said:

I want my background to be transparent. I'm making a transition for my Twitch stream and I want the video to not start off covering my entire stream with a black block, followed by my transition. Any ideas on this?

I want to do exactly the same, I want to make a stinger for OBS transition, yet everytime the background of the video is black, which makes it impossible to use.

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I am working w a video for fb that is 4:5.

I cannot stretch or change ratio because the video content area must stay the same.

There are black vertical bars on both sides of video which I want to change to white, so when posted on fb, it will look better.

I tried doing what Louie Clay suggested above but can't get it to work.

Video track 1 is original video.

Video track 2 is white blank clip.

Can the white blank clip replace the black bars???

No, because the Photostage is more like a slideshow, so you can add a blank file but juts would affect those files with transparency. In this case, you can try to use the VideoPad Video editor program, which would provide you the option to add the files as ¨Layers¨ and you can change the order. You can try the trial version here: https://www.nchsoftware.com/software/free-downloads.html