Auto Balance Volumes on Two Audio Tracks

Gaming Jay

I am creating a video where I have two audio tracks. One from a game that I'm playing and one for my commentary/voice. I can easily put both of these into VideoPad but what I would like to do is have the game audio lower in volume any time I speak on the commentary/voice section. I can go through the file manually and segment game audio sections around parts where I talk and lower their volume, but this seems like a lot of work.

Is there any way to do this automatically in VideoPad. Or is there a way to write a script to do it possible? I'm imagining a script where I could tell the program to look for sounds on the commentary track that are at least a certain volume level loud and last for a certain number of seconds as a minimum to detect as speech, and then reduce the volume on the game track for those sections

Ah yes... ducking is the term. Thanks.

Unfortunately I'm on a PC so I can't use the DuckEQ you sent my way (you don't have any recommendations for Windows users do you? :). I will look around for something. Exporting the sound tracks in video pad to duck them in another program then re-importing them is easy enough to do so I think this will solve my problem

Thanks!

• 3 years later...