Using a de esser plugin

Ripcord

I like VideoPad and have been using it every day. I've recently begun to be curious about using a de esser with the program but I don't know how. I downloaded two of them, Spitfish and Tonnman and have watched several YouTube tutorials and read the Spitfish owners manual. I created a folder for the files named vtcplugins and that's as far as I've been able to get. VideoPad doesn't seem to recognize either of them and I have no idea what do do next. Can someone please steer me in the right direction?

Thanks for the reply. I downloaded WavePad...I just can't figure out what to do with it. I can't import a video into it, apparently it works with audio files only. Also I don't see de essing as one of the option for effects, so even if I could import a video I don't know how I would apply that effect. I'm still quite confused as to what to try next.

Yes, Wavepad is an audio utility. Here's what the HELP file says about de-essing...

"We do not have any tools in WavePad specifically for de-essing or de-breathing.

We suggest using the Equalizer or the Dynamic Range Compressor. You can access both of them from the Effects tab toolbar.

Another option is to get a third-party VST plugin, then use it with WavePad's VST plugin support (only available with Windows)."

Look here... http://www.best-free...de-esser-01.php

And search for others. Also check in to the Wavepad forum.

I downloaded Tonmann de esser and have learned how to separate my audio from the video for separate editing. Now I'm lost as to how to proceed. I don't know how to proceed. Do I somehow import the de esser to WavePad or should it be detecting it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, you can process the audio separately in WavePad.

To apply the de-esser effect:

1. Select Effects tab from the toolbar.
  2. Click VST button
  3. Select the folder where you have the de-esser file
  4. Select the detected plugin from the lower list
  5. Click OK