Trying to apply effects

Crazybiker

Using latest MixPad version with Windows 10.....what am I doing wrong? I import a multi-track midi file and want to apply effects to a track. I follow the instructions, but no effect appears when the track plays. For example, if, when in the effects window, I select 'volume' and change the slider and apply, no volume change occurs. The software appears to work perfectly in all other respects.

Thanks!!!

Hello, Thank you for the information, this issue was reported to NCH Software's developers for further review, probably the issue will be addressed in a new software release. If you wish to be notified when there is an updated version for this program you may subscribe to NCH software's newsletter, you may follow this link to subscribe http://www.nchsoftware.com/software/newsletter.html

Chris, I have another question/comment. When you mentioned that this issue was reported, did you mean that it had already been reported, or that this was the first time it was identified? Also, in my initial comments is used the word "volume" but it's actually "amplify." I have since discovered that when I attempt to use the pan control on an individual midi track I get the notice that the clip must be rendered first. After rendering, the effects can be applied and they function with that audio track. But I'm under the impression that effects should be applicable to a midi track without rendering.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Crazybiker,

You can only apply effects to MIDI clips if you are using a virtual instrument (VSTi) to synthesize the MIDI into audio. Virtual instruments are modules that will take MIDI input and turn it into a standard audio signal that we can hear. Any MixPad tracks which are assigned to use a VSTi will also have any effects applied.

If you are not using VSTi plugins to synthesize your MIDI, then you are likely to be using Windows' built in synthesiser (the MS Wavetable Synth). This synthesizer exists outside of MixPad's audio chain and consequently MixPad can't apply effects to this audio.

There are plenty of places where you can download free VST instruments (just Google) if you would like to give this method a try.

Regards,

Ben