Help! My Video files go corrupt upon exporting

Pengunick

So whenever I try to export a video on videopad, it starts exporting normally, and finishes normally, but upon opening the file it seems fine for the first couple of minutes but then every so often the video would freeze for a couple of seconds while the audio is still playing then the video catches up to the audio.

(No Its not my program that plays the video, its only in the same spots.)

Ive tried fixing this for so long and Im getting kind of worried. Restarting it doesn't work, I wiped my computer completely that didn't work, Ive messed with the settings, Heck, I even tried uploading the file and it STILL corrupts the video.

So If you know whats going on PLEASE reply to this thread. :(

Is this project is the YouTube video above?

I saw some 0.7 second clips are used, are they put in intentionally?

Yeah, those are transitions (I know there are ACTUAL transitions but the 0.7 second clips are very comical.)

But its NOT just that specific video. Its every video I try to save.

We couldn't reproduce the problem without the full project.

Would it be possible to upload all the files? The easiest way would be selecting Main Menu->File->Backup Project Files To Folder. VideoPad will copy all files into the given folder. You can also zip the folder into a single file.

Ive actually noticed something, It seems it only stops the video where it was building preview while editing.

Ive let the videos sit and I went through it without previews but it still goes corrupt.

(This probably doesn't help, but I thought It may help by mentioning it.)

Okay, click this link and you should get it... (Sorry it took so long, They are big files because its the best of the year video)

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

It's like to a single mp3 file? Could you please check if the link is correct?

Ive actually noticed something, It seems it only stops the video where it was building preview while editing.

Ive let the videos sit and I went through it without previews but it still goes corrupt.

That's interesting! Thanks for the update.

Also, could you please check out the latest release (v4.30) see if the issue still there?

Hi Pengunick,

I have a very similar problem using VIDEOPAD v4.30, I created a videofile (.avi) from approx. 600 still pictures and 8 short videos. All pictures and videos start and stop with cross fade. On some stills there is an overlay with text. When I "play" the video with VLC, every 3-4 minutes the screen turns black for approx. 1 to 2 seconds, and then it continues. Looking at the timeline at the time when the problem occurs, there seems te be nothing wrong.

I understand that you managed to resolve your issue with the help of c-major (probably on PM?) Could you please explain here what you did to resolve your problem?

Additions: I reviewed the created .avi file (viewing the "film" (almost) frame by frame) and saw that in the videofile the black frames are included (thus the black frames must have been inserted in the "film" by VP): suddenly the picture that is to be shown is replaced by black frames. After some seconds the picture (the next still) fades in. After a few minutes, again the same problem occurs.

I have a very similar problem using VIDEOPAD v4.30...

It seems v4.30 solved the problem for Pengunick. If you still have it in v4.30 I think we should investigate. Could you please try simplify your project see if the problem still here?

If you found a particular position has the freeze, try remove the other clips and only keep the clips passed through the position see if the problem still exist. Please save as a new project before doing this.

I switched the export output format to MPG and have recreated a few exports using the same project (identical project, absolutely NOTHING changed from one run to the next one). The problem occured in each "export", but on differents locations. It looks as if the problem is caused by reasons external to the VIDEOPAD project (e.g. synchronization between threads that are depending on each other's timely completion; CPU's switching into "turbo"; slow down of certain processor clocks because of high temperature; interference by other, non-VIDEOPAD, active application; ...).

Then I did remove all crossfades between the stills and the small videos (all stills and videos are in video track 1). But there still are a couple of cross fades transitions in video track 2, in the "text" images that overlay some stills and videos in track 1. After I removed all crossfades in videotrack 1 the problem seems to have disappeared. Of course the exported "film" does not look very good without the fading (to switch from one image (or video) to another, the show "jumps" now rather than performing a smooth fade-out/fade-in transition). I could live with this for the moment (as a "workaround), but I surely would like to be able to add the crossfade transitions again before I will make the final version of my show.

By the way, my PC has an Intel I7 4790 (no K) processor and 16 GB of memory. It has no graphical processor apart from the GPU built in into the CPU chip, because 95% of the time I use it for applications that do not require more graphical power (Office-like apps, mail, surfing, no games, ...). It has a SATA III SSD (system and apps, page, hibernate, ...) and a 3TB 7200 RPMs HD (contains ALL data, including temp files). I guess that should be sufficient "power" to run VIDEOPAD now and then?

Soon I want to create some more videos using VIDEOPAD. I understand that the problem could well re-appear if I add functions that require (or overload) certain resources? Is there any VIDEOPAD functionality that I should avoid until the problem is resolved?

In lieu of using stock transitions, you might want to set up an A/B roll with opacity (transparency) keyframes applied to the upper track. As opacity increases from zero to 100% the overlay track is revealed, and vice versa.

SAVE the effect for repeated usage.

opacity.jpg

@wlpb:

Could you please try create a small project with only a few images organized in the same way?

I've done some testing here but couldn't reproduce the problem. We need a project that causing the problem so we can fix it.

You help is most appreciated!