How do I do the hole in the floor for the top of stairs

Escura

I am trying to draw a house with a staircase.

When I get to the top of the staircase on '2nd story' there is no 'hole'. I'd also like to do a minstrel's gallery, so that the corridor on the 2nd story can look down on the first

When I go to the 2nd story, having drawn the walls, the floor is 'auto filled in' for me, and I can't see how to 'cut a section out of it'

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

This needs to get OFF the "to do" list and get DONE.

This is a fundamental flaw in being able to use the tool to create designs people!...get real

Make two kinds of floors, Transparent and normal....allow walls to have zero height but connect---then fill the zero height wall with
transparent floor....

PLEASE GET THIS DONE!

2019---2 are 2+ Years since last response....I just upgraded and STILL not there....really...I could have bought something else which has this!!!

• 2 months later...

this is not very functional software that is of much use. I cannot vary the roof shape...a barn style dual grade roof for instance...

I cannot find a way to do stairs with a midlanding, or a spiral or winding staircase...

I only played with it for a few minutes and found a few points that make it not worth purchasing.

You should develop a product a bit more before trying to charge people for it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Have this issue been resolved? I just bought the software and everything was going well until I tried to create a second floor with an opening to the first floor. Is not working at all? This is a common features in today's home designs. I'm not trying to use this completely commercially, but I was at least, expecting to design my home to my specifications.

Please, advise. 

• 2 months later...

I am doing my research now to figure out which program to put my $$$ the free version doesnt have this option so im guessing paid doesnt either. Just a few tweaks and this program would be everything i was looking for. so sad 

You may want to know the differences among the different versions: The "Plus" registration gives you unrestricted use of DreamPlan anywhere, including commercial use. The "Home" registration includes all DreamPlan features, but is for home use only. The "free" version of DreamPlan home design software is available for non-commercial use. Conclusion: features are basically the same, so if you do not see an option in the free version, it will not be available in the paid versions.

• 3 months later...

I'm having the same issue with the stairs.  When I go to put an outside wall upstairs it autofills the floor but if won't let me select the floor to delete it and create a floor myself using the draw path tool ?? When I go to try and select the floor it selects the floor underneath the floor I want.

• 1 year later...

Don't let DreamPlan draw the floor for you automatically. With Floors selected  and under "Floor Properties", Draw Mode, select "Draw Path." Then draw your entire floor in the room with the stairs. Draw around the opening you want to leave. You could have some problems with drawing your floor if your walls are not placed just right, but it's doable. Don't assume, because you hit an error, that you can't do it. You may need to temporarily delete some interior walls.