Video displays very bad when added to VideoPad

swifty

Hi,

Please help.

I added my video that I recorded using Debut into VideoPad and the graphics/imaging look very bad.

When I viewed the video on Debut or any other media player it looks perfect.

But the problem seems to be when I add it to VideoPad all the resolution changes to a very bad image.

I'm not sure how I post a picture here to show you what I mean.

Please help me if you know why this happens and what I need to do to fix.

Thanks.

Hi

In Debut recorded in .avi and also tried in .mp4 (H264 compressor)

In VideoPad it doesn't seem to give me any option to change the format or res or I can't find how to?

Also, after reading up a few things tonight, it might have something to do with I am on Windows Vista and maybe thats the problem?

I don't know

Hi,

Here is my video example uploaded in google drive

As i mentioned, I played this back through other media players and looks perfect, but when I add file to VideoPad it shows blurred?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzi7FoQage4gRnBReDMzczUzNWc/view?usp=sharing

Sorry, can't find options>display.

When I click on options I get 4 tabs, General, Media Files, Effect plug in and Other.

Where do I go, please explain?

Thanks for any help, I really want to get this working and upload my vids onto youtube.

What version of VP are you using? Download the latest from here. The OPTIONS page should look like this...

VP_options.jpg

I looked at your AVI in preview and it displayed as well as expected at any resolution.

The exported (produced) Mp4 file at 1280 X 720 (YouTube preset) looked a bit less sharp than the AVI original, but nowhere near as bad as your posted example.

Hi Borate,

Thank you very much for your help.

You are right, I had the older version of VP and that was exactly the problem.

I have now installed the new version you linked and when I preview the video it's no longer blurry.

However,

I now have two problems,

First off, my older version was licensed, I had paid for it and this latest version I just installed appears to be the non-commercial version.

Can I update to a paid version? How do I do that? I was warned about this before I installed it, but want to ask if I can licence it from having previously paid on older version.

Second problem,

When I exported my video to YouTube, as soon as the export queuing completed, I got a bug message and it program shut down.

I have reported this bug as prompted, but wanted to mention it to you too.

Before I exported the video, I got a message about cropping the video or auto-sizing, I tried both times and still crashed after exporting,

I still need to experiment with this but please tell me if you have any ideas.

We are almost there now,

Video problem fixed, but cant upload without crashing and want to know if I can upgrade licence to latest version please.

Hi,

Our upgrade policy can be found here: http://www.nch.com.au/software/buyfaq.html

Please check it out under Refunds and Upgrades section.

When I exported my video to YouTube, as soon as the export queuing completed, I got a bug message and it program shut down.

Was the uploading successful? I've look at the bug/crash reports but couldn't finger out which one is yours. Could you post here what the message says?