Audio, Video split, prgm adds video

Mizzoug

Hi,

This happens frequently. I have a place in my file between two scenes (scene 1 and scene 2) and I want to make into two separate scenes. I split the audio and video there just at the end of scene 1 but before scene 2, then delete scene 2. If I play it, it is fine. However, I want to fade to black but keep the audio from scene 1 going, so I go back a couple of frames, split the audio and video of scene 1 again, unjoin the audio and video from that small portion, then extend the audio from that small portion into the black. I use a jpg as the black screen. This works except sometimes, too often, instead of ending the video where I split the original (to separate scene 1 and scene 2), VideoPad throws in a frame or two of scene 2. Problem is, when scrolling through frame by frame or even every thousandth of a second, that frame from scene 2 doesn't show up, so I can't cut it out. Help.

Here's how I would do for making scene 1 fade to black and the sound keep going:

1. Place the clip in to Sequence
  2. Split scene 1 into a separated clip and delete scene 2 - like what you did.
  3. Add "Fade" transition. Note that if you want to fade to pure black you don't need any additional clip. VideoPad would automatically fade to black if no clip behind to transit into.
  4. Now play the sequence preview. You should get what you wanted for the video but the audio stops.
  5. Now unlink the audio for scene 1. And then drag the end of the audio clip to the position you want to extend.
  6. Play the sequence preview now you should get want you wanted.

Best Regards,