Cheque numbers

rcess

Why can I not change dates or the cheque number once it has been entered. Is this program only for people who NEVER make mistakes.

When you are new to the program you are bound to make errors entering stuff.

The whole idea of Express Accounts is that it is intended for users who have little or no experience or interest in accounts, however we all have to comply when we are in business.

If anyone know a way to edit date and/or chq number) an already entered cheque (note the spelling) please let me know

Hi,

The check number cannot be change, what you´ll be able to change is the amount, the date, the reference and transaction numbers. Select the check you wish to edit, click the Edit button on the toolbar and edit the selected check. You can only edit one check at a time.

Regards,

This is very disappointing and frustrating

Correct me if I am wrong but there can be no logical reason for this. Cheque numbers are not sacred and

I am now in the position of having to scribble notes to allow for this which looks suspicious

Another question:-

When printing a customer statement why are the dates (in the left hand column) not in chronological order. This looks unprofessional and makes following the trail harder. They seem to present themselves in in the order they were entered which is unhelpful. Is there anything I can do to correct this

Thanks

rcess

• 5 years later...

I found a way to change a Cheque number if you accidentally input it wrong.

This works for Windows 10 install (most likely works the same for other OSes maybe not in the same location though)

Navigate to the Express Accounts install files on your computer (for Windows 10 it is here:)

C:\ProgramData\NCH Software\ExpressAccounts\Checks

Delete the number.dat file that is your check number (ex. Cheque number 333 = 333.dat)

Then in Express Accounts goto:

View Menu > Payments of Accounts Payable

Double Click on the Payment corresponding to the cheque number of the file you deleted and wanted to change.

It should show the Check No: box as empty now.

Input the Cheque number you want to use (as long as that cheque number has not been used on another payment) and click Record.

Close out then verify that the Cheque number has change by going:

View Menu > Checks (and your should see the new change in the list to the corresponding payment)

Hope this help all the people like myself that ran into this issue.

Cheers!