MPDP files NO AUDIO

WHATEVERISAY7

I have about 20 recorded songs that have for some reason gone blank. The file name, and even the length of the track are still present, volume levels and FX all there but no sound. Can anyone help me recover the audio to my tracks please. I would really hate to loose them. I've also tried converting the files to mp3 but it just says no audio found. :(

PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP!!!

THANX

Hi there,

A few quick questions:

1. What version of MixPad are you using?

2. When you say 20 songs, are each of these songs their own separate MixPad project?

3. Have you recently moved the project files to a new directory?

4. If you look for the files in Windows explorer, each project file (.mpdp) should be paired with a folder which should contain all your audio data. So, for example, if you have a project called MySong, then there will be a project file called MySong.mpdp and there will be a folder called MySong.mpdp.ProjectData. Can you check to see if these folders exist?

If you can answer these questions as best you can then I can hopefully help you further.

Regards,

Ben

Ben, I have the same problem as the person above. On one of my Mixpad projects, the audio graph and all the sound is missing. In my case, I was tidying up my Mixpad projects and had moved them to be together in one place. I had put the data folders in their own folder. I have now returned the data folders (all are present and containing tiny data) to be alongside the Mixpad project files. I`ve tried restoring two previous versions found in Windows back-up to the project file, but this hasn`t worked. I have no outside back up for the project file. I can see the data inside its folder but can`t get it into the project to work with it. What should I do next?

Hi Guyser,

Sorry you're having troubles - hopefully we can get to the bottom of this and get your data back. In the data folder of the damaged project what kind of files does it contain and what size are they? If the project contained actual audio data (ie. not MIDI) then you should have .aud files. These .aud files contain the audio that you would have recorded or imported into your project.

Regards,

Ben

We are having the exact same problem. 15 minute mix with 19 different clips. Version 3.93. Probably half of the clips are showing they are there, but there is no audio and there are flat lines until you get to a clip that there is audio. There is a list of the songs that the clips are from, and the songs are all listed (as many times as there are clips from that song), but the audio is just GONE. This happened after first downloading to dropbox, but since your files aren't actually supported by any player except yours (not helpful on a device, since you don't have an app) we converted the file to an apple compatible file and uploaded to itunes. The files were missing when we went to play in itunes. I even tried to restore the mix from the dropbox back into the MixPad application, but the songs are still gone. What the heck? There appear to be more than a few issues with this in these forums and no one has seemed to have given an answer. Meanwhile, I have a 17 year old in tears as it's midnight and we have been screwing with this school project for 5, yes FIVE, hours. That's after it was supposedly completed.

Hi squintie,

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having problems. MixPad uses an internal file format ".aud" to store all your project audio, and attempting to convert them to other file formats is not likely to work correctly. To get a file format that is playable in most players (eg. mp3) then you need to export/save your project as an audio file.

It is hard to be sure, but it is possible that the project audio still exists in your dropbox account. I would suggest attempting to download the project from dropbox to a completely clean folder. If that doesn't work then look in your dropbox account for files of type ".aud" and manually download these and place them in the .mpdp.ProjectData folder.

Regards,

Ben

• 11 months later...

Hi, I have a similar problem.

I have 4 clips from 4 mic in a nearly 4 hours project (that's many 4^^). After 33min, mixpad plays only de 4th clip...

Here are the answer of your questions you asked before :

1. What version of MixPad are you using?

The free-one, I'm trying it before buy it for my audio podcasts.

2. When you say 4 clips, are each of these songs their own separate MixPad project?

433276mixpadscreen.jpg

3. Have you recently moved the project files to a new directory?

I copy it on an another harddrive to work with another computer, but the problem appears on all computers.

4. If you look for the files in Windows explorer, each project file (.mpdp) should be paired with a folder which should contain all your audio data. So, for example, if you have a project called MySong, then there will be a project file called MySong.mpdp and there will be a folder called MySong.mpdp.ProjectData. Can you check to see if these folders exist?

Yes, I have 4 .aud and 4 .grf.

Thx by advance.

• 2 years later...
On 11/9/2015 at 7:59 PM, nchBen said:

Hi squintie,

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having problems. MixPad uses an internal file format ".aud" to store all your project audio, and attempting to convert them to other file formats is not likely to work correctly. To get a file format that is playable in most players (eg. mp3) then you need to export/save your project as an audio file.

It is hard to be sure, but it is possible that the project audio still exists in your dropbox account. I would suggest attempting to download the project from dropbox to a completely clean folder. If that doesn't work then look in your dropbox account for files of type ".aud" and manually download these and place them in the .mpdp.ProjectData folder.

Regards,

Ben

I have my MPDP project and the folder "Doppleganger.mpdp.ProjectData" but inside of ir there's just a file called "Recover.mpdp-recover" wich i can't do nothing with it, i have worked 7 hours in a music...

• 2 months later...

I moved a Mixpad Session from a PC to my Mac and now when I open the session there are no audio files displayed. The ProjectData folder has .aud and .grf files but they disappear after I open the session and I have to recopy them over. WHAT IS GOING ON????