Mixpad project won't open

mcmanusj67

Wondering if anyone can help here. I spent a few hours on a project yesterday and saved it to my desktop but today when I've tried to open it a message appears, 'Mixpad failed to load the project, please check the project file path, or download the latest version.' I have the latest version and have since registed with a license however the project still won't open. Is my work lost or does anyone know of anything I can do?

Hi mcmanusj67,

When you save a MixPad project you will get two important things:

1. A project file called mysong.mpdp

2. A project data folder called mysong.mpdp.ProjectData

These two items must reside in the same directory. If you move the project file then you must also move the project data folder.

Can you have a look and see if that folder exists on your desktop?

If not, check your Recycle Bin to see if it has been accidentally deleted.

In general, I would caution against using your desktop to store your MixPad projects. It is too easy for desktop items to be accidentally cleared away or moved.

Let me know if you still can't find it and I'll see if I can help you further.

Regards,

Ben

Thanks for the reply ben.

The project data folder was on the desktop a long with the project. I've tried moving the project into the project data folder to no avail, as well as creating a new folder and moving both the project and the project data folder into it. I still receive the same message when I try to open the project through within the Mixpad programme. When I double click the project with Mixpad closed, Mixpad opens but crashes immediately.

Hi mcmanus,

Ok, could you have a look in the data folder and let me know what files you have in there? There should be a .aud file for each recording you made. Also, how much disk space does the folder take?

It's a bit hard to tell what has gone wrong without seeing the files myself. If you would like me to take a closer look then you can upload your project and project data folder to DropBox (or some similar cloud storage) and send me a PM with a link, and I will download the project and see if I can find out what has gone wrong. Hopefully I can restore it for you.

Regards,

Ben

Hi Alpdf,

I'm afraid we don't have someone here who can speak French well enough, but I will see if I can help you anyway.

When you open your project, can you see the audio waveforms in your clips?

What happens when you click on play? Do you get an error message? Does the cursor move?

Have you checked your audio output settings and made sure that your sound card is connected and switched on (if it's external)?

Regards,

Ben

• 6 months later...

Hi Guru, I'm having exactly the same issue, when I try to open the mixpad file, I get the message that "MixPax failed to load the project, please check the project file path, or download the latest version". All the files are there, the audio was working fine 10 minutes earlier - I got the message after I took a short break and didn't move any file.

Any way you could help me? Thanks!

Cristina

Hi Cristina,

When you say "all the files are there" are you referring to the .aud files in the projectdata folder? If so, then I suspect something may have gone wrong with your sound hardware. I would try rebooting first. If that doesn't help then we can look into it further.

Regards,

Ben

• 1 year later...

Ops, me again, one year later. :-) now the problem is that after my lunch break I cannot open the work anyone as I get the message "Unable to open project - This Mixed project is not opening correctly due to an unidentified problem. Have you moved or deleted any of the project files?" and the answer is obviously "No, I haven't". :-( can anyone help? :-) Thank you!