Timeline Navigation: Snap Timeline to Cursor

plant19

By using the shift+g shortcut I can place the cursor wherever I want on the timeline. How do I then move the timeline to that same spot? For example:

On the screen in front of me I see a chunk of the timeline and the cursor is visible.

I use the shift+g shortcut and move the cursor to a spot on the timeline that isn't within my current view.

How do I change my current view so that the new location is visible on the screen in front of me?

I could get there by zooming in and out and using the scroll bar but that is not what I'm looking for. I want a shortcut or button that will center the current timeline view on the cursor.

---Thanks

Hi

You can almost get what you want if, in sequence preview you simply write the time position you require into the current cursor position value which is just above the <> sequence display control buttons.and beneath the preview screen on the left. i.e. Left click this and enter your value.

Even if the sequence line is zoomed completly in and you enter a value that would place the cursor off the screen, the sequence line is moved to the left so that the cursor line is placed at the right hand edge of the screen at the time selected. It just requires a slight touch on the scroll wheel to zoom back the sequence and leave the cursor in a better position on the screen.

It's probably quicker than using Shift+g and entering a value and quicker than using Shift+g and dragging the scroll bar, as being zoomed in makes the scroll bar very sensitive.

Nat