VOB files etc

jules153

Perhaps someone can help me.

The missus and I received our wedding video back from the videographer recently and I wanted to make some changes myself. I've had VideoPad editor for a while now so am quite good at the old cutting and splicing.

The video has been sent through on 2 DVDs and these contain 4 large VOB files each. I have loaded the offending single VOB file into VideoPad and made some edits. I cannot appear to re-save this as a VOB file however... the closest appears to be an AVI file.

My question is this: can I somehow convert the AVI to a VOB file, replace the original VOB with this new one and write this new VOB and the original VOBs to a DVD? This would be the much prefered option.

Or do I need to remaster the whole DVD from scratch by loading all the VOBs into VideoPad? Or something else..?

Any tips appreciated

Many thanks indeed! :D

Perhaps someone can help me.

The missus and I received our wedding video back from the videographer recently and I wanted to make some changes myself. I've had VideoPad editor for a while now so am quite good at the old cutting and splicing.

The video has been sent through on 2 DVDs and these contain 4 large VOB files each. I have loaded the offending single VOB file into VideoPad and made some edits. I cannot appear to re-save this as a VOB file however... the closest appears to be an AVI file.

My question is this: can I somehow convert the AVI to a VOB file, replace the original VOB with this new one and write this new VOB and the original VOBs to a DVD? This would be the much prefered option.

Or do I need to remaster the whole DVD from scratch by loading all the VOBs into VideoPad? Or something else..?

Any tips appreciated

Many thanks indeed! :D

Just choose File format .mpg and export as usual.

When it is done, just rename file from *.mpg to *.vob and you are done.

j5juvl.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I'm doing something similar by creating a highlight video from the VOB files my videographer sent me. However, I'm finding that once I input the VOB files into Videopad they aren't as sharp or HD quality, especially if I had some effects such as slowing a clip speed. Is there a way to export the finished product so that it is very clear and in HD quality? Even when I select 720 or 1080 it doesn't appear that way and so maybe one of the other settings is off that I'm not aware of?

thanks!

Hi Jstineh,

Sounds like we're doing a similar thing.

I found that I could import the vob file, make the edits and if I set all the bit rates to max for the save the quality is practically identical to the original. The file size is bigger though.

My problem is now that when I rename the mpg to vob and insert it back in the file structure the new dvd plays OK until it gets to the section relating to the new vob and then will not play this bit...

Is this because I have changed the length of this vob section and it does not now align with the info in the other files?

Thanks Jules

Can anyone help with this please:

"My problem is now that when I rename the mpg to vob and insert it back in the file structure the new dvd plays OK until it gets to the section relating to the new vob and then will not play this bit...

Is this because I have changed the length of this vob section and it does not now align with the info in the other files?"