El Capitan compatibility

Patita

Hi, all

Has anyone heard anything about compatibility of Express Scribe 5.77 compatibility with El Capitan? The NCH site states Mac OS X 10.4 and above. Since I had a problem running Express Scribe 5.7 with Yosemite (OS X 10.10.5) (for which a fix has just been issued -- and it works), I'm somewhat hesitant to install El Capitan.

Thanks

Patita

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am having the same issue--the foot pedal is not recognized by Express Scribe (5.5) after El Capitan was installed.

could you install the latest version of Express Scribe mac? The Altoedge pedal will work with the free version and once you moved to paid version the scribe will recognise all compatible pedals.

you know, i moved to the paid version FOR A SECOND TIME and it still didn't recognize my pedal.... I've had to uninstall and reinstall the program several times to get it to work... and have paid for it TWICE...

Please be in touch with technical support team for getting detailed report for this issue.

This is yet another reason not to upgrade from Yosemite to ElCapitan. Once everything is working correctly, what does one have to gain by doing the upgrade?

Do you still have the issue with scribe mac in ElCapitan? If so connect with our technical support team. we might require a detailed log file to sort the problem you were facing.

• 2 weeks later...

I have used Express Scribe for a while from Mavericks to El Capitan. Not that it's problem free (in fact it's full of problems) but the problems didn't seem to get better or worse when upgrading to El Capitan.

I did, however, recently come across a bug where hotkeys won't work on version 5.82. I solved this by downgrading back to 5.77. I can't say if this is specific to El Capitan or just another of a hundred bugs.