borate

Congratulations with new 4.14 release.

Render is MUCH faster now!!!!

I didn't do benchmarks, but I feel that it is MUCH MUCH faster.

As we call this in russian speed gain is seen by unarmed eyes

It means we do not need to benchmark to see it is much faster!!!

AND FINALLY!!

Option list in export to file dialog now remebers all my custom sizes which are 1280x540 and 720x304 and now I do not need to put them each time I just choose option from the list

Thank you so much for this improvement!!!!!!

PS. In v. 4.14 Ctrl + B still opens export dialog to 2 step chosing chaing before I get export to file dialog.

Release notes:

New:

• Exporting now utilize multiple CPU cores.
  • Optimization for hardware acceleration effects and transitions.
  • Effect/Transition list thumbnails are now animated.
  • Added Cube Spin transition.
  • Added options dialog for video stabilizer.
  • Added full screen preview mode.
  • Youtube export now supports 1440p, 2160p and framerate selection.
  • Exporting now saves the last 5 custom resolutions.
  • Change for preview :
    • Preview resolution can be changed in Preview window.
    • Preview playback now start from sequence cursor position.
    • Preview is looping while play inside selected region.

Fixed:

• Fixed hardware accelerated effects/transitions do not work for some video cards under XP.
  • Fixed back frame sometimes appear at the end of speed changed clips.
  • Fixed missing clips after imported from another project.
  • Fixed misbehavior while moving a group of clips.
  • Fixed codec quality settings are very low by default for recording videos.

Release notes:

New:

• Change for preview :

• Preview playback now start from sequence cursor position.
    • Preview is looping while play inside selected region.

I've tested this new feature - IT IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!

For long times preview always started from the beggining

and now it starts from cursor position.

It is dramatically fantastic improvement.

It was one of my dream features.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Another my dream feature is Export selected.

Just select some portion of timeline with all its comples settings and mixes and it exports only selection.

I do beleive someday this feature would be made and that would be awasome!!!

Once more, thank you so much for cursor start preview feature!!

New:

• Added options dialog for video stabilizer.

Thank you for that.

Some remarks

- Whatever is the value of Options/Media /Show Dialog...., the dialog is displayed

Could you indicate what were the (hidden)
options in 4.11 for Deshaker

- Deshaker options are not retained from one run to the other (e.g. Edge compensation options)

- Seams that the 2d pass is not using all the cores available ?

- GoPro Studio is on my PC : I can select "GoPro CineForm Encoder" for the Video Encoder, but then VideoPad crash (at beginning of phase 2)

All my videos are H264, what audio codec should I select to be in line with the Export quality AAC 320

It would be great to update interface to Deshaker to the lattest version (3.1): a lot of improvements have been implemented since 2.4 .

I would love to see the "Previous and future frames - soft borders" options implemented (some of my videos are VERY shaky - horse at full gallop !)

Thanks for the new Preview options. I second Daorus enthousiasm.

gaab,

if you could give any tips how to use deshaker properly, because, everytime I tried to use it, Google Video Stabilizer produces much better stabilization therefore I have to upload to youtube, stabilize and download back and only after that I edit in Videopad.

I just don't know how to make deshaker produce the same powerfull stabilization as google does.

Deshakers stabilizes, but not so to worth using it...

@daorus

Another my dream feature is Export selected.

Thanks for the suggestion.

@gaab

- Whatever is the value of Options/Media /Show Dialog...., the dialog is displayed

Could you indicate what were the (hidden) options in 4.11 for Deshaker

This option will be removed as it has no effect now. We don't change Deshaker options in 4.11 so it would be what the plugin defaults.

- Deshaker options are not retained from one run to the other (e.g. Edge compensation options)

Good idea, we'll add it in.

- Seams that the 2d pass is not using all the cores available

Each processing pass (e.g. an effect or transition) will run in a single core. So it might not use up all the cores if your project don't need that many passes. For example, if you chain two effects together, there will be two cores used, one for each effect.

- GoPro Studio is on my PC : I can select "GoPro CineForm Encoder" for the Video Encoder, but then VideoPad crash (at beginning of phase 2)

The codec using a proprietary format which not supported by VideoPad.

All my videos are H264, what audio codec should I select to be in line with the Export quality AAC 320

I would choose a lossless codec or PCM (uncompressed) for the best quality.

It would be great to update interface to Deshaker to the lattest version (3.1): a lot of improvements have been implemented since 2.4 .

I would love to see the "Previous and future frames - soft borders" options implemented (some of my videos are VERY shaky - horse at full gallop !)

We'll upgrade the Deshaker in next release.

More feedback, concerning loading project created with 4.11. Nothing fancy : still images only, no video + music (in flac format).

First Project : When the project is fully loaded, VideoPad keeps running for ever (25% - one thread ?), even after closing the program : no more user interface, no application in Task Manager, but still running as an orphan process.

I had to kill it manually

- Before any modification, I made a backup.

- Reloading the backed-up project did solve the problem.

Second Project : Very similar, but unfortunatly I made a (very) small modification, before making the back-up : I added an image in the middle, after locking the sound track.

- In this case, the problem is not solved :

- The extra-process still runs

- Sequence preview stucks, but music goes on, even after closing VideoPad (another orphan process)

For most of the other project, the 25% process is still running for ever, but closes with the VideoPad main screen. The Trial project I send you few days ago does not exhibit this behaviour !

I found an old project not too big exhibiting the following problem :

- VideoPad minimum CPU stay at 25% whatever long you wait (I have a quad core)

- "Sequence Preview" video freezes at the transition of the first picture

- Sounds goes on, even after closing the main window

I am uploading the project to DropBox. I will PM you when it becomes available.

gaab,

if you could give any tips how to use deshaker properly, because, everytime I tried to use it, Google Video Stabilizer produces much better stabilization therefore I have to upload to youtube, stabilize and download back and only after that I edit in Videopad.

I just don't know how to make deshaker produce the same powerfull stabilization as google does.

Deshakers stabilizes, but not so to worth using it...

I am not sure that I get a better result than you, but I am not ready to follow your long and cumbersome path !!!

Maybe I will make a test with one that really gives me trouble. :unsure:

Have you looked at http://www.guthspot....eo/deshaker.htm where you have a detailed explanation of all the parameters by the developper himself !

I am not sure that I get a better result than you, but I am not ready to follow your long and cumbersome path !!!

Look at this test video I prepared right now for you and I think you will change your mind!!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f0hse6detq4y9g8/stab_test.avi?dl=0

I do vish all best to Deshaker, but Deshaker sucks comparing to Google stab.

The reason is that Google stab findes planes and coorrect video to 3d model, but Deshaker just uses points.

Release notes:

Now I was making fast this test video for gaab

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f0hse6detq4y9g8/stab_test.avi?dl=0

and suffered one new problem:

I wanted to rotate video to make horizon whithout decline, but Rotation effect allows only 1* or 2* degrees but for this video it is too much and to make horizon horizontal I need to rotate video for 0.45* degress but rotation effect does not allow me to do this!!!

@gaab:

Thanks for the feedback and uploading the project files. We are investigating the problems. I'll post here once we have findings.

@daorus:

suffered one new problem:

I wanted to rotate video to make horizon whithout decline, but Rotation effect allows only 1* or 2* degrees but for this video it is too much and to make horizon horizontal I need to rotate video for 0.45* degress but rotation effect does not allow me to do this!!!

We'll fix this.

- Best,

Look at this test video I prepared right now for you and I think you will change your mind!!!

https://www.dropbox....b_test.avi?dl=0

Good test ! I was reluctant to create a YouTube account, my videos are for private use - but not offending ;)

I am concerned by the video quality - my source files are from GoPro 1080P - 24 fps. What would be the stabilized quality I could get following this path ?

Thank you for your demonstration which is convincing.

Good test ! I was reluctant to create a YouTube account, my videos are for private use - but not offending ;)

When you upload video to youtube account you can set access level: public, url or private.

If you set private nobody will see you video.

If you set url-access only people who know exact url of your video can see this video.

If you set to public everybody can find and watch your video.

As for me, I upload video to youtube, stabilize it, download back and delete video.

My youtube account is always empty of videos.

I use it for stabilization pursoses only.

I am concerned by the video quality - my source files are from GoPro 1080P - 24 fps. What would be the stabilized quality I could get following this path ?

This is the key problem, that youtube converts video to mp4 which is worse quality than H264.

As personally for me, I ask myself what do I prefer most:

1) H264 quality with shaking

or 2) MP4 quality without shaking (stablizied)

And my personal answer is 2) option.

But there is a little trick.

You can convert your 1080 to 4K, upload, stabilize, download and convert back to 1080 H264 and quality would be great.

PS. Of course the best solution would be to use this thing

Gh4-A7S-%D0%BB%D0%B5%D1%82%D0%BE-DYS-3-%D0%BE%D1%81%D0%B5%D0%B2%D0%BE%D0%B9-3-%D0%BE%D1%81%D1%8C-%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%B4%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%BD%D1%8B%D0%B9-dslr-%D0%BA%D0%B0%D0%BC%D0%B5%D1%80%D1%8B-%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%B1%D0%B8%D0%BB%D0%B8%D0%B7%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%BE%D1%80-%D0%B3%D0%B8%D1%80%D0%BE%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BF-%D0%B1%D0%B5%D0%B7%D1%89%D0%B5%D1%82%D0%BE%D1%87%D0%BD%D1%8B%D0%B9-%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%B4%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%BD%D1%8B%D0%B9-steadicam.jpg

But in real life it is not always possible to use it.

PS. Of course the best solution would be to use this thing

But in real life it is not always possible to use it.

Specially, when you are riding horse !

Thank you very much for the detailed process.

I will make a test with a difficult video and report my findings.

Concerning the orphan process, I reproduced it with a brand new project

Video Track 1 - 1 video cropped (right half only)

Video Track 2 - 5 images cropped and moved to be on the left side

One subtitle

- One of the images (format portrait) needed some zoom to "look like" the others. And I had to make several adjustements on the effect. I did not notice immediatly that "sequence preview" was not playing the video (despite several several click on the button "play").

- Placing the subtitle ; after several attempts, the video of the title preview froze, but the sound continued to play.

Finally VideoPad freezed with 75% CPU (3 out of 4 cores)...

Restarting VideoPad, I got back my project but the subtitle was not saved.

Let me know if you need some more details.

We've found the problem. The problem was fixed but we couldn't find a workaround for it.

I've attached a new build here, please try it and confirm if the problem was fixed.

Please be aware that this build includes a few new features (e.g. background exporting) have not been tested extensively.

At the meantime we'll try to get VP tested and released ASAP.

Many thanks,

We've found the problem. The problem was fixed but we couldn't find a workaround for it.

I've attached a new build here, please try it and confirm if the problem was fixed.

You do not have permission to view this attachment.

Help ! I don't have the right to download the file :(

Concerning the orphan process, I reproduced it with a brand new project

Video Track 1 - 1 video cropped (right half only)

Video Track 2 - 5 images cropped and moved to be on the left side

One subtitle

- One of the images (format portrait) needed some zoom to "look like" the others. And I had to make several adjustements on the effect. I did not notice immediatly that "sequence preview" was not playing the video (despite several several click on the button "play").

- Placing the subtitle ; after several attempts, the video of the title preview froze, but the sound continued to play.

Finally VideoPad freezed with 75% CPU (3 out of 4 cores)...

Restarting VideoPad, I got back my project but the subtitle was not saved.

Let me know if you need some more details.

As for me I do not use built-in subtitle function at all

I make PNG files in Paint.NET with transparent background and place them on timeline as images

This stratagy gives me unlimited and powerfull creative control over the final result.

For example, in this video I made for you lately

https://www.dropbox....b_test.avi?dl=0

these three shots with text are PNG files

They are not subtitles with transparent background

they are PNG with black background

but I think you got the idea I wanted to tell you

Hi c_major,

Thanks for the fix.

I made my best to shake it, and so far so good ! I never get the "orphan process" error.

During my tests I noticed some small "kirks" which would be nice to fix one day or the other :)

1 - In story board view hoovering over the transition icon always shows "set video transition". In time line mode it shows the actual transition if there one (very usefull)

2 - Opening a project with Timeline view selected, switching to Storybard view you cannot scroll (look at the horizontal scroll bar).

You have to go back to Timeline, move the cursor right and switch back to Soryboard in order to be able scroll.

I like very much your new "batch queue processor" for Video Export (may be for other tasks I have not tried so far ?)

Thanks for the fix.

@ Daorus

Thank you very much for the detailed process.

I will make a test with a difficult video and report my findings.

Sorry, it took me more than I anticipated to do this test.

I uploaded two videos in 4K to Youtube. Quite a long process to discover that they have been converted to 1080P :)

The result is not noticiably better, but the videos are really challenging !

I am mounting a private video of a 7 days horse ride in Africa, captured with a GoPro... So, they are VERY, VERY shaky !

So, for me, it is not worth to upload everything to Youtube.

In the future, another solution to consider could be this https://www.kickstar...ion/description

Much lighter than the device you displayed !

Thanks for sharing your knowledge !

Gérard

May be, I forgot to mention that I am the rider, and at full galop, I don't even imagine using this device ! I have the GoPro on the helmet.

One rider, the week before, was severly injured holding a small camera at hand - and not able to make a sudden turn...