Animation Keyframe Ease InOut

Ivan187

I think animation keyframes should have an "Ease InOut" feature which defines what percent of the time the animation is accelerating and decelerating. For example, if I use the "Position" video effect, add a keyframe at the beginning of the clip with any value, and then I add another keyframe at the end of the clip with a different value, it will cause a jerky motion. So, with this new feature, I set the Ease InOut value to e.g. 20%, and the animation will quickly accelerate for 10% of the time at the start of the clip, move in a constant speed for 80% of the time, and decelerates the remaining 10% of the time at the end of the clip.

If the Ease InOut value is 100%, the animation will always either accelerate or decelerate.

What do you think?

NOTE: I'm not talking about making curves!

Edited by Ivan187

Hi

As you can simply repeatedly click on the keyframe line for any parameter at any point along the line and create a keyframe position (as many times as you require) you can pretty well create smooth curves, particularly as you can also drag them about to change the curve.

e.g.

ogk4gpk9m9.jpg

Would these be any different from the point of view of how they play to spline curves? I'm not against the idea - smooth curves could be useful- :-)

Nat

Hi Nat,

Yes, you can do that with straight lines, no visual difference vs curve or at least very close.

But it will be tedious if you have to it for 10s of effects in one project.

Unless one could save the effect, and if appropriate apply it to other frames.

This thread may prove helpful.

Hi

As you can simply repeatedly click on the keyframe line for any parameter at any point along the line and create a keyframe position (as many times as you require) you can pretty well create smooth curves, particularly as you can also drag them about to change the curve.

e.g.

ogk4gpk9m9.jpg

Would these be any different from the point of view of how they play to spline curves? I'm not against the idea - smooth curves could be useful- :-)

Nat

I don't want to spend like 4 hours calculating for perfect values to make those curves. I prefer the Ease InOut feature that I originally explained.

Unless one could save the effect, and if appropriate apply it to other frames.

This thread may prove helpful.

That thread is completely irrelevant to what I'm talking about, after reading it all the way through.

They are different features but yes, you don't have to create the same curve again if you can save/load effects.

In fact, you can save/load effects using "File" menu on the effect dialog. We are working on improve and expose this feature better.